Wednesday, October 19, 2022

SSC294 Boo!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Have you finished making all your Halloween cards? Do you even send out Halloween cards? I love making them, but only cute/semi-scary ones!  Creepy gory ones not allowed!  The Sunday Stamps sketch this week gave me a perfect background on which to make a fun little Halloween wreath!  Here's the sketch:


And here's my card:


I used some retired papers to create the banner and the horizontal panel, then stamped my wreath from Cottage Wreaths in Pumpkin Pie and Memento Black, then diecut it out.  I added the little "boo" on a diecut tag with some black embroidery floss and a little spider as an embellishment:



While going through my stamps, I found this cute little image from the retired set, Gift Givers!  So cute!  I stamped and watercolored it, then cut it out (not sure what happened to the matching punch!!!) and adhered it to the inside:

Quick and easy and ready to mail!  I am also entering this at the Double D challenge of orange and black!  


Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Cottage Wreaths, Gift Givers
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pumpkin Pie DSP (ret), SAB DSP (I can't remember the name of!)
 Ink Memento Black, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories Black Embroider Floss, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Country Wreaths Dies, Black Marker

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your Halloween wreath, LeAnne! The papers and ink colors make this a sweet card without being too dark & scary! My stamp girls made a card last weekend at my get together using this stamp set. I think it's such a fun and versatile set! TFS Have a great day! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Hey, that big ol' spider is as scary as can be!! ewwww!! What a great paper and Halloween wreath, LeAnne!
=]

Diane said...

Awesome Halloween wreath, my kind of Halloween, non-spooky!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Lisa Elton said...

This is cute... even with the creepy spider!!

dj said...

Your spooky wreath is fantastic and I love it paired with that gingham!! Great take on our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

Claire Broadwater said...

I just LOVE your fun card for our sketch this week at SS. The fun wreath with that tangling spider is perfect and that background paper is fabulous to make the wreath pop! SO happy you joined us!

Heather said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! Love that spooky wreath, and adding that shape to the inside is perfect! Boo! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Stef Perry said...

LeAnn, I love your sweet card that still conveys the fun spookiness of Halloween! Great drop of the spider for that tiny bit scary lol! I'm so glad you shared this fun Halloween card with us at Sunday Stamps!