Saturday, October 15, 2022

CTD714 Trick or Treat

Happy Saturday, all!  I have a fun card for you featuring the colors from Color Throwdown, which I never seem to get to play with!  So I made an effort, and although these were a wee bit out of my comfort zone I kinda like how it turned out!  First, here are the colors (great photo inspiration, isn't it?):


And here we go:


I stamped the Purple Onion pumpkins on Thick White cardstock in Cajun Craze ink and used Dark & Light Cajun Craze Blends to color them in....my blending skills are not as good as I'd like, unfortunately!  I colored the stems with Crumb Cake, then very carefully cut them out and adhered them to a Misty Moonlight card base.  I sponged Misty Moonlight ink around the edges so that the jacks were highlighted a bit:


Then I added some Tim Holtz stickers for my sentiment.  I colored in the little star on the middle punkin stem with a Gold Wink of Stella pen, so I added a few more "stars" around the sentiment; hopefully you can see them; they look really cool IRL!:


Finally, a sentiment for the inside, stamped in Night of Navy:


Thanks for popping in today! 

And speaking of pumpkins, our neighbor has a wonderful garden and after his family picks as many pumpkins as they want, he lets us come and get some too! 



I recently saw that a teacher grew a pumpkin that weighed 2650 pounds!  This one doesn't weigh that much but it was plenty heavy!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Mixed Holiday Sentiments (My Creative Time), Happy Pumpkins (Purple Onion)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Misty Moonlight (ret)
 Ink Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, Misty Moonlight (ret)
AccessoriesChitchat Stickers (Tim Holtz)
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Blending Brush, Blends, Wink of Stella Gold (ret)

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Love it ALL! especially the additional stars, your coloring, and darling little sentiment strips!
I also love seeing all those pumpkins - isn't it funny that Tom said, 'isn't that LeAnne's porch?' I can hardly believe it's been a year already!
=]

Carol L said...

EEEEP! Those jack-o-lanterns are the bomb! Such a cute and fun card! I cannot imagine a pumpkin weighing 2650 pounds but WOW! That's impressive!

Wendy said...

Love, love, love! You nailed those colors on this adorable pumpkin card, LeAnne! And the pumpkins on your porch look amazing, too! I saw that 2650 pound pumpkin on the news the other day! I don't think I've ever seen one that gigantic! TFS and enjoy this gorgeous day! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

The Purple Onion pumpkins are so darn cute. The real pumpkins look pretty good too! Have a blessed day.

Bonnie said...

Your stamped pumpkins are so full of personality and look perfect against the dark background! You have an awesome collection of pumpkins there!

designbydonna said...

Oh so cute jack-o-lanterns. Love their smiles, bringa a smile to my face too.

Linda Callahan said...

Fun for Halloween! Love the rich blue behind the pumpkins!

Karen in Florida said...

Those pumpkins made me laugh out loud! Hysterical! I thought you were gonna say you masked the pumpkins & brayered the blue background. Egads! Cutting out the pumpkins was a much smarter & easier way to go & they look perfect! GREAT card! Happy Fall from Florida!

Celeste Goff said...

Love your fun and spooky looking Halloween card! And wow, what a nice neighbor to let you come pick pumpkins. Looks like you've got a nice collections at your doorstep!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is cute!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

love the deep colours on your card LeAnne - and your awesome pumpkin haul!