Saturday, April 2, 2011

Scraps to Cards

DSCF0356

Am I the only one who has piles of scraps laying on her table??  I collect these little bits and pieces of previously stamped images and then they just sit there.  I finally went through my pile yesterday and made three CAS cards, each using at least two of my scraps!  Woohoo!

The first used a Crafty Secrets image and a panel of Basic Black that I had zigzagged around the edges:

DSCF0355

I colored her in very quickly, “vintaged” up the paper a bit, added a sentiment from the same set and found a button that matched my paper!

The second used a retired SU Thanksgiving image that I had watercolored and I even had the brads already on it! 

DSCF0360

The background panel was a CHF backgrounder image already mounted, so I put them all together on an Always Artichoke card, added a sentiment and it was done! 

The third one will be my Christmas card for the week, a little early!  I had this sentiment and image stamped for a stamp camp I did a couple years ago; the branch is stamped in Versamark and embossed with Iridescent Ice:

DSCF0357

I already had the poinsettia panel embossed, and I even had the ribbon already tied!  I added some Always Artichoke DP, made an AA card and quick as a snowflake, it was done too!  What a productive afternoon!  Any questions, just shoot me an email!  And be sure to come back tomorrow when I am the hostess for the Paper Players with a fun new challenge!

DSCF0348

7 comments:

Elise said...

BOTH of those babes on your post are GORGEOUS! {Love the BABY, need THAT girl! JSYK!} Loving your conucopia of crafty output... FABULOUS work, doll! Yipeeee!

Carol L said...

Cassidy looks like she's ready for tomorrow's post already! :)
Those are great cards made from scraps and doesn't it make you feel good to use them? I feel certain my scraps would out-number yours by tons! We should pool them together and have a card-making party!

Elaine M said...

WOW you certainly have been a busy gal - and looks like little Cassidy is cheering you on. The cards are wonderful - I have all sorts of little baggies of scraps and now feel justified in keeping them - SOME DAY the mojo fairy will smack me in the head and I'll make a ton of cards...giggle.

Lacie Root said...

wow you got some stuff done! and cleaned up too,great job love the vintage lady.

Linda said...

So much beauty in one post! I love the first card and the baby at the end! She is so adorable.

Linda Callahan said...

I have a scrap basket on my desk as well - such a good feeling to use soemthing from it! These are great!

Joy Jones said...

Simple and elegant.....love it! What a precious and beautiful grand you have!!