Tuesday, April 19, 2011

ColourQ 81

DSCF0658

Today’s happy colors from Arielle are as springy and Eastery as you can get:

cqc81

Aren’t these little bunnies adorable?  I want them.  Alas, I had to make do with creating a really simple card:

CQC81-LeAnne

I spent all afternoon making a card and once again, realized I used the wrong neutral.  More on that later.  I regrouped and remembered that I had just gotten this MFT stamp set (that I had wanted for a looong time), so I thought it would be a good fit for the challenge….stamped the bunny on some acetate in white Stazon, layered it over a Pink Pirouette panel and matted it with a Soft Sky scalloped square.  Some Patterns DP in So Saffron and a little Old Olive border, and my card was done!  Here’s a little closer look:

DSCF0653

We hope that you’ll hop on over to the CQC blog and play along with us this week!  And here is my original creation; a shabby chic vintage Easter card using an image from The Vintage Workshop and some PTI sets:

DSCF0622

DSCF0623

It’s difficult to tell but the rose and the doily both have chunky glitter; the egg is covered with Stickles, although from this angle, it looks a bit spotty!  The music is from an old hymnal; both it and the doily were colored either by brayering or directly to paper.  The button is one I have been hoarding from my stash!  I just love this little dutch girl image!!!  And here’s another little girl I love:

DSCF0641 

DSCF0629

If you have any questions about products or techniques, please feel free to email me!  Have a marvelous day!

7 comments:

Kim H. said...

I absolutely love this card. I definitely want to make it for next year. I just love it. I tried to find the stamp set on My favorite things website but could not find it... can you direct me to where it is and the official name of the stamp set ? I appreciate it! khill1@cinci.rr.com

Thanks!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the frame on the first one.

Linda said...

I love no LOVE the second card. That image is wonderful! I really love the vintage stuff. It is like that old toy that I have. So cool.
And that baby girl is growing so fast.

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, this makes me want that stamp set back! LOL I always hated that set, but you rocked it! Both cards are awesome, LeAnne! And Cassidy is adorable as ever!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, both cards are awesome! Love that little bunny on acetate on the first and the vintage image on the second is adorable! As always, Cassidy steals the show though! Such a happy little gal! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh Miss LeAnne!!...these are SWEEEET! I love the bunny in the pink window on the first one, especially paired up with the courdoroy button. The second card totally took my breath away with the pleated hymnal, doily and twine. Awesome work, girlie!

cherry said...

omigosh....your cards are beautiful...love these fresh springy colors. thanks for visitingme. cherry