Friday, April 22, 2011

Orange Birthday

DSCF2009

Today has been a lazy day—no babysitting for me, so I have sort of frittered it away doing some baking, laundry, cleaning and a little stamping!  Today’s SCS challenge is to use orange…and I love orange, so I thought I would make a monochromatic card using a gradient set of colors:

DSCF2010

I also used several different sets on this card!!!  Waltzingmouse, MTME and Sweet & Sassy all got some love!  If you have questions about them, let me know!  I used Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Only Orange and Apricot Appeal for my cardstock colors, and ran them through the Big Shot after adhering them to a piece of Big Shot Adhesive sheet.  I used the Nesties Label One die for my focus and the rock & roll technique for my butterflies.  My SIL’s birthday is coming up, so this will be for her!  Thanks for visiting today!

We tried giving Cassidy these little “puffs” of something—I forget what they are called—but they get quite sticky on her hot little hands…..so funny!

DSCF0672

DSCF0684

DSCF0674

DSCF0685

DSCF0682

DSCF0689

I think she must be saying to herself, “This is just too much work!!!” 

13 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Baby so sweet and cute!!!!!

Okay...your card is lovely! Great orange shades...makes me think of orange sorbet! :)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oohhh... I love the varying shades of orange. Such a pretty card!

And dear Cassidy! She's adorable. How old is she now? She certainly is working hard! What a cutiepie!

lisa808 said...

I'm typically not an 'orange person,' but the different shades sure make for a fun card.

Cheryl said...

Your card is simply beautiful.
And I love Cassidy's expressions!!
Glad you had a nice day :)

Donna said...

I know I said it before but it is worth saying it again.: Cassidy is so adorable. I love that you include pictures on your blog...it's like watching her grow up!

Bev J. said...

With cards like this orange could grow on me. Cute pics of Cassidy!

Denise Willerton said...

so so adorable LeAnne ~ and I also love your card ~ a good friend LOVES orange and I seem to struggle creating with it....so...I'll be CASing this! TFS ~ Happy Easter to you and your family

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is gorgeous, so love the stunning colors!

Re-the vintage girl image you were asking about on my colourQ entry, it was from cassi's creation on etsy! You might be able to find the link on City Crafter Challenge Blog side bar, she sponsored one of our past challenge some time ago!

Happy Easter to all....
sweet grand kid you have!

Anonymous said...

how did she get so big so quick? Oh I just love the apricot appeal with this color combo....wish I had saved some for myself!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my GOODNESS...I just love the shades of orange....and with a butterfly theme??....oh my, AWESOME! Love Love LOOOOVE this card!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! I love how you used all of the different shades of orange together. The butterflies are so perfect, too. I may have to try this out! :)

Cassidy is not so sure about those puffs, is she? Hee hee! Her facial expressions crack me up! So stinkin' cute! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Darling card, LeAnne! I LOVE that orange!

Cookie said...

Oh my what a SWEET BABY! A real cutie!! And I LOVE your card it just says "Summer"! Love the panels...and colors! Have a great day....Cookie