Friday, April 8, 2011

F4A59 Christmas

DSCF0447

Last night while attempting to go to sleep, I was thinking of techniques to use for an upcoming workshop, and I thought about the embedded embossed technique.  Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning, and that was the F4A challenge 59 on SCS!!!  It’s such a cool technique, but I realized that part of my execution of it on my weekly Christmas card took away from the technique itself a bit:

DSCF0444

I only adhered the right portion of my punch out before running it through the embossing folder; I then ran some Cherry Cobbler seam binding under the left portion to make my bow.  That is the part that took away from the technique, which is supposed to make both pieces bond together and look seamless.  I’ll definitely try this again in a different way!  I will say that the embossing weakened the DP quite a bit and I had to be careful not to tear it where the ribbon folded over it---just a caution if you try this!  But I love the effect and am looking forward to trying it with my stampers!  Here’s a peek at the inside as well:

DSCF0448

  • Stamps:  Many Merry Messages, Tree Trimmings, Four Frames
  • Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Deck the Halls DP
  • Ink:  Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
  • Acc:  Decorative Label Punch, Seam Binding, Square Lattice Embossing Folder

DSCF0420

10 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

This is absolutely STUNNING, LeAnne!! Oh my word....LOVE IT!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty, LeAnne! LOVE how that ribbon mimics the petals of a poinsettia!

Patti J said...

Ha ha...don't know how we are supposed to be paying attention to a word you say with those big beautiful eyes staring back at us! OMG, she's getting so big, and she is gorgeous! Your card really is beautiful! Hugs...

Elaine M said...

Oh LeAnne - this technique just knocks my socks off - LOVE it!!
And of course there's Miss Cassidy bringing sunshine and a big smile to our day - hugs to the munchkin

Carol L said...

Beautiful Christmas card, and I too love this technique! Love the square lattice ef!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

What a great technique to use with holiday cards when trying to make postal friendly cards (at least I do)! It's gorgeous! And your little baby doll DGD is as cute as can be.

Linda said...

Somebody looks like they are feeling better.
I love the card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi LeAnne,
This is such a gorgeous, intricate Christmas card! I am still befuddled by this technique, though, having never tried it myself. Guess I'll have to head over to SCS for a tutorial.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

LOVE your card! Soo beautiful! The texture too is FABULOUS!!!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! I love this! :)