Thursday, April 28, 2011

Christmas SR69 & PPA91

DSCF4052

For my weekly Christmas card, I used the Stampin Royalty sketch today along with the challenge from Pals Paper Arts, which was buttons. Here’s the sketch:

SR69_sketch-001

I totally spaced out on seeing the panel behind the Top Note image….hope the challenge police don’t kick me out! Anyway, this card didn’t translate to paper the way I had envisioned, but I kept at it as I had already invested the time:

DSCF4050

I hadn’t done any vintage for a while, and these Newsprint papers were neglected, so I thought they would look good with this silhouette Christmas set, Welcome Christmas. I pulled some little buttons from my stash for the button theme.

DSCF4052-1

It has been very warm & humid for this time of the year, and we’re supposed to get severe storms later today. My heart goes out to those across the country who were affected by the tornadoes—some scary stuff! Anyway, despite the breeze and fans, sometimes when one wakes up from one’s nap, one is still a bit sweaty:

DSCF4049-1

DSCF4044

DSCF4047-1

Stay safe, everyone!

  • Stamps: Welcome Christmas, Tiny Tags
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory, Basic Black, Newsprint DP
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Stazon
  • Acc: TopNote die, Sponge Daubers, Spritzer, Oval & Oval Scallop Punches, Buttons & Thread, Crimper, Perfect Polka Dot EF, SAMJ

21 comments:

Barbara said...

Love this card!! Unexpected color palette but gorgeous, nonetheless!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the music streamers! A beautifully detailed card! And a beautifully detailed baby - she just gets cuter and cuter - if that is even possible :)

/p said...

Always good to see your blog update come through. Great cards and gorgeous grand-daughter.

Marjori Miller said...

OMG, every time I see her picture, I just want to squish her cheeks! You know, she's the only reason I read your blog....lol

Just kidding of course! :o)

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card, love it!
Very cute baby too, so sweet. xx

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautiful card LeAnne! OMG Cassidy gets cuter every day - if that is even possible!!! Hugs, Harriet

Patti said...

This card is wonderful. Just love all the elements on it and the colors are great.

Bev J. said...

I really like that card-love the details you used.

I remember when my girls hair would look like that when they were hot. Love the button nose!!

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwww, just look at her in her ca-ute springy dress. Love your card and how you did those pleated strips!

Carla said...

I love this card and that gorgeous little girl!!! How sweet is she. Hugs,

Denise Willerton said...

wonderful Christmas card ~ I love your idea of a card a week ~ I just may jump on that LeAnne ~ Cassidy is so adorable!

Cindy Major said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous Christmas card! I absolutely love it!!!

TFS!

Hands On said...

Super unique card LeAnne. Love the details and the way you used the sketch.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I never tire of seeing your creations, or pictures of that baby! (sweat or no sweat)

Melanie C said...

Great vintage holiday card! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Unknown said...

I love this LeAnne! Just stunning!

STASIA SLOMA said...

love, love, love this card! just beautiful one to case! and the baby is just adorable. thank you for taking the sketch challenge at the stamping royalty site!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE this one, LeAnne! Especially the musical note paper on the little flags!

savvy teaching tips said...

Oh your talent just amazes me. Awesome card. And your granddaughter is so adorable. I love how you post a new picture every time.

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, this is such a classic holiday card! I love the neutral colors! The musical score paper is such a great accent, too! :)

jjcreations said...

This is gorgeous - congrats on your Top Pick at Stamping' Royalty! This certainly deserves it! I love the arrangement of everything and especially that little bit of crimped music as a "ribbon" - Awesome.