Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ColourQ 82

CQC82 banner

Happy Tuesday!  Arielle’s ColourQ colors today are sweet, sweet, sweet:

cqc82

I once had a teacher in college tell me I must have a very warm personality because all of my fashion illustrations were blues & greens---to offset that warmth, I guess!  It is no secret I love blues, and green is just a natural go-with color!  I just received a sweet little set coming out in the Summer Mini called Touch of Kindness, and these colors just seemed to fit this image to a “T”!

CQC82_LeAnne

CQC82 closeup

I did some watercoloring with reinkers and an aquapainter on the main image; colored the highlighted letters in the sentiment with an Always Artichoke marker after inking the whole thing first in Baja Breeze, and then made my background by stamping a couple images from Funky Four in craft white ink on Kiwi Kiss and Pear Pizzazz panels.  I even added a little gel pen glimmer on the water drops!  Cute!   And here’s the inside:

CQC82 inside

Be sure to splash on over to the CQC blog so you can see what the other designers created, as well as share you own creation!  Can’t wait!

DSCF2022

DSCF2023

  • Stamps:  Funky Four, Touch of Kindness
  • Paper:  Text Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Always Artichoke, Pear Pizzazz, Shimmery White
  • Ink:  Stazon, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Always Artichoke, Pear Pizzazz, Craft White
  • Acc:  Square Scallop Duo Die, Seam Binding, AA Marker, 3/4” Circle & Boho Blossoms Punch, Paper Piercer, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals, Gelly Roll Pen, White Baker’s Twine, Aquapainter 

18 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

I love this LeAnne! I thought that BG paper was DSP but you stamped it--how cool! And your watercoloring is fantastic. You're making me rethink this stamp set. have a great day!

Denise Willerton said...

Good morning ~ wow!!! love these colors and what you've done with it all ~ I was going to mention that I really should bring out my sewing machine....but it's faux stitching ~ love it!!! TFS ~ hats off to you my friend :-)

Linda said...

Very pretty card! I love the colors. Is that real stitching? What do you set your tension on for card stock or paper?
Love the card and the pictures today!

Bev J. said...

Pretty image, love the birds. Neat background you made. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. The sun is out here this morning; we measured 9 3/4" of rain since last Thursday. Getting a break today with some more rain on the way!!

Cute pics of Cassidy!

Bobbie said...

This is SO cute. I didn't order this set but I just may have to. Love seeing it's potential. And the color challenge is fabulous-just may have to go see what I can come up with.

Tammy Hershberger said...

DARLING card, LeAnne! LOVE the layout... I'm going to have to CASE that!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Love these colors and and that faux stitching is awesome!!!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #14 on 5-1-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

PS. What a cutie she is!!!!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the colours! Wonderfully coloured image and I love the way you did the sentiment tag.

Doris said...

What a beautiful color combo, and your card captures it perfectly! Very Spring-y, too.

Carol L said...

Beautiful colors on this, and I love the tag! Hey! Gimme that hat!!! LOL

Hands On said...

This card makes me long for summer. Oh to be outside splashing in the water. Super sweet! Both the card and your grandaughter.

Patti said...

Love this card. I just received that stamp set and you've inspired me to ink it up soon. And you're right, blue and green go so well together.

Lesley said...

Hi LeAnne,
I am with Nance, I thought that was DSP but you stamped it! How clever! I love this set too! You have created such a cute little card! Looks like you fooled a few people with the "stitching"!!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! Your faux stitching looks REAL!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

LeAnne... this card is so cute, I love that you put the different layers in the background. The faux Stitching is perfect! I never do that very well. You inspire me!!

Hugs
Shirley

Cheryl said...

This comment isn't about the card (but oh, what a sweet set, now I want it), or about Cassidy (darling, as always), but the table that your family is sitting at is just like mine. Visiting your blog always makes me smile.

Cindy Major said...

Wow - stunning! Love how you used the colours :D

Cindy

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Wow LeAnne.. this card is so so stunning. I didn't think that I would like this stampset.. but you made it smile all the way.. Not sure if that's a saying.. probable not :) What I mean is.. It's is just beautifull all the way.. sigh.. it is late and my english isn't working with me..

LOVE THE CARD!!!!!

Inky hugs, Pauline