Thursday, April 14, 2011

ALCM Funny Card Challenge

DSCF0562

I wasn’t going to play the A La Card Monkey challenge this week, which was to make a humorous card!  I just couldn’t think of anything to stamp---too busy, too many other things on my mind.  But I did remember, (just before the deadline), that I had a cute stamp from CHF that I thought would be perfect for my weight-watching, Curves-going friends.  It’s a big image so I made a monochromatic card, keeping it easy:

DSCF0558

Unfortunately, I did not realize it was a SKETCH CHALLENGE also, as I used Taylor’s sketch #136

TESC136

What an idiot I am!  So sorry! 

It takes a few seconds for the “story” of this image to sink in……but I just think the expression on this lady’s face is priceless—what must she be thinking as she is stepping on the scale!  Her purse is flying, her hands are up in the air and the dog just thinks he’s having a great time! 

DSCF0560

Here’s the inside sentiment:

DSCF0561

So that’s the extent of my humorous stamps!!!  Thanks for visiting!

  • Stamps:  Weighty Matters, CHF
  • Paper:  VV, Bravo Burgundy, Botanical Gazette DP
  • Ink:  Bravo Burgundy
  • Acc:  Twill, Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, Small, Large & Scallop Oval Punches

And a photo from my DD:  kids start using technology earlier & earlier these days!! 

 Cassidy & Cellphone

10 comments:

Carol L said...

Your card is so cute and I love the idea behind that image! The expression on Cassidy's little face requires a caption!! She looks like she just received an email telling that her stocks plunged or something LOL I love how trendy she always looks too! :)

Deanna said...

Wonderful Card! I enjoyed even though I dont have a big dog to blame my scale troubles on.

Deanna said...

this card was so cute!

Deanna said...

this card is delightful!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Note to self: next time I step on the scale, DON'T believe the results. A German Shepherd is probably messing with me. Noted. HeeHee! What a fun stamp! Thanks for the smile! :)

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Girl I did the same thing... Lol. I loaded my picture of my "Happy Camping" Card and then when I looked at Terry's Card then the picture with the Seal... I was "Darm it" and re-made the card to fit the Sketch. I think your the card is very funny.. thanks for doing a Card for A La Card Monkey.

Hugs
Shirley

Terry said...

It's a really cute card! I really don't mind that you didn't follow the sketch. lol

Shirley did the same thing for her card - she created it, then realized she didn't follow the sketch, ripped her card apart and repositioned the elements to fit the sketch! It happens to all of us!!!

Thanks for playing along! Have a great day,

Terry
A La Card Monkey

Kim H. said...

I just love this card! I am still chuckling! Have a great day!

Tammy Hershberger said...

CUUUTE card! LOVE that image! (Tell Cassidy to give me a call!)

Terry said...

Hey LeAnne,

I'm your newest follower! I thought I was following you already. Duh!

I'm so glad you're a guest designer on our A La Card Monkey blog this week. I saw your card and LOVE it.

Hugs,

Terry