Thank you so much to all who participated in the blog candy giveaway. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed reading about your favorite memories. Not only did it help me get to know my readers better, but it was FUN! Many of you remembered spending time with your grandparents, which makes me even more glad to be babysitting my own grandchild! I hope she has pleasant memories when she gets older! Lots of you mentioned camping, playing outside, being with family, reading, cooking, eating, and going to the beach. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Marissa remembers going to the beach in a Cessna plane, but having to scare the cows away from the field before they could land!
- jaymack remembers when her sister ran after a rabbit she thought was the Easter bunny, ran into a fence and knocked herself out!
- Linda’s mom wrapped little goodies like a coin or a thimble in waxed paper and baked them inside a cake – what a joy to find that little treasure!
- Gina remembers the Easter bunny bringing her sand toys, and now he brings them to her son!
- Carol L remembers getting a dime from her Pop Pop for every A on her report card!
- and Deb Buckminster remembers getting a Chatty Cathy doll for Christmas! (Something I always wanted!!!)
What great memories! But I guess you’d like to know who won, right? Out of a hat, my husband chose America! Here is her memory:
“Some favorite Childhood memories are of how I loved staying back to spend my time around home with my two wonderful Great Grandmas while the rest of the kids were busy going places. As an adult, I loved spending time with my beautiful Grandparents who raised me. Sadly, they are not around anymore, but I hold on tightly to their loving memories and all the special moments. Thank you for asking. :)”
America has a wonderful blog, too….lots of beautiful House Mouse images on her cards! America, please get in touch with me and I’ll get your goodies out ASAP! Thanks again to all of you faithful followers and for your kind comments!