Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lovin' Red

DSCF5187 Today's Ways to Use It Challenge at SCS was to use red in your card.  I needed a get well card for a friend at church, so I pulled out a Sunflower seed packet image I had printed several years ago and thought it would make a cheerful card when paired with some gingham paper from Crafty Secret's Earthy Pack.  My sunflower is from DRS Designs and it is colored with Copics and sponged with Sahara Sand:

DSCF5186

This is a large card, made to fit envelopes I got at a yard sale!  The grosgrain and gingham ribbon and Playground button are from SU; paper is Real Red, Basic Black and VWW, and since my MS punch won't punch anything (grrrr) unless it is very lightweight, my scallop is computer paper!  Sentiment is from Flourishes, the violet set I (can't remember the name)!  I also stamped a little on the inside:

DSCF5185

 

The seed packet template was from Katydidcreations, but I cannot get to her website any longer and I see she is sort of missing from the SCS world!  So hopefully someone will know how to contact her so you could download some templates of your own!  Thanks for visiting today!

16 comments:

Carol L said...

This is so pretty and sure to make the recipient feel better soon with all the cheerful colors!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, this is so bright and cheery! Sure to make your friend feel better! Love it!

Juanita said...

This is fabulous. I am at a loss for anything more, the card stole my vocabulary.

Elise said...

Yuuuuuummmmmy! Oh, goodness, LeAnne! That's exquisite! I'm CERTAIN your friend will feel a lot better when she receives that little ray of sunshine! Wonderful!

Renee said...

You are one busy stamper!! Your cards are so cute....every one I see I say "how cute!" Thank you for the inspiration!

Hugs
Renee

Sabrina Jackson said...

LeAnne, what a gorgeous card!!!! Your coloring on that sunflower is stunning. I also love the sunflower uncolored on the inside, perfecr touch! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

I have saved in my stamping folder several of her templates. Would you like me to e-mail them to you? Just let me know.

Sue
appledaylady1309@aol.com

ChristineCreations said...

What a fantastic "farm" feeling card...the gingham and the sunflower are so great together, a wonderfully cheerful card!

Anonymous said...

Only you would know to put those colors together. Why, oh why, do I keep coming here........very bad for my self-esteem ya know.

mudmaven said...

Just gorgeous LeAnne! I love sunflowers and you've just outdone yourself with your coloring on this one. FYI - I have had some luck getting my stubborn MS punches back into working order by punching a bunch of aluminum foil followed by a bunch of wax paper. I had a rickety picket fence one that I almost tossed but tried this and now it works fine. ~chris

Denise Marzec said...

Awww, this will DEFINITELY cheer up your friend. It's so bright and fun!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! LOVE the seed pack, and the gingham, and the sunflower peeking in the inside!

(funny... word verification is serta! does that mean I can go back to bed?)

Diane Noble said...

Love this card too. Bright and cheery for the occasion. AND I noticed on the sunflower image it has Marshall, MO. I know right where that is. It's not all that far from me! It's a real place...thought that might be an interesting fact.

Ann said...

Oooh, I love the sunflower and the gingham! So bright and cheery!

Etha said...

Oh I love the DRS sunflower on this, the red and white makes for a very lovely backdrop!!

Barbara said...

It would sure make me feel better. What a beautiful card!