Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mercy, Another CTD61

DSCF5429

I told Tammy that I loved her colors for the Color Throwdown #61 this week SO MUCH, that I wanted to do another card---and this time, I incorporated Mercy's Sketch 40 into my card.  Here is the sketch:

MTSC40

and this time, I used one of the sponsor's stamps, a Carolyn King set called Whimsical Autumn; she designed this set last year and the proceeds went to the Alzheimer's Association.  I also pulled out some retired bits of DP that I always think I'll use, and I actually used them!  Here ya go:

DSCF5430

Since I was still in that watercoloring mood, I pulled out my Watercolor Crayons....they give a different effect, especially on Kraft paper, but I liked the rustic feel they gave to the design.  I added a couple leaves as accents, along with a corduroy brad,  and I was done!  This will make a nice thank you, thinking of you, or even a birthday card!  Thanks for looking today!

19 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Love how you've used Mercy's sketch, especially with the feeling of a pull tag. SO cute!

Barbara said...

This is super cute, LeAnne!! Love that apple basket and your DP is perfect!

Anonymous said...

This is a very pretty card, LeAnne! I too like the look that watercolor crayons give on Kraft cardstock. Fabulous sketch as well!

Georgette said...

I agree with Christine, Barbara and Wendy. I love how soft everything looks. Love, love, love it. Thanks so much for all of your postings.

Unknown said...

leanne...this is gorgeous! love those colors for the throwdown, and your tag is spectacular! amazing job!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh this is so pretty LeAnne! I need to pull that set out and use it too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LEANNE!!! This is absolutely adorable! I LOVE it!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

very pretty. love it

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

Love it!!! Beautiful card!

Carol L said...

I love that color combo too, and I really like how you added the tab punch and corduroy button on this one! I need to pull that punch out and use it more often!! Beautiful card, very creative!

Carole'Anne said...

Hi LeAnne, did you create this great sketch? I love it. You did such a beautiful job of this card. The little details on it, is so awesome!
Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing card.
I would like to try this sketch, would that be okay?

Elise said...

Yummmm! LeAnne, this is scrumptious! {Something tells me that a picnic with you would be a whole lotta fun!} Glad to see you tantalizing us some more with these fabulous colors! Yipee! Great fun, zesty, fabulously colored, and professionally executed inspiration, m'dear! YEE HAW!

Linda said...

Wonderful card. I love the basket and apples.

Linda D.

Kim said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment LeAnne! I love your tag and apple image - so cute! And I must try out Watercolor Crayons - so vibrant!

Helen Williams said...

This such a lovely card.

Pat said...

Love this card lots!!

Janine said...

Hi LeAnne I just love this card. Such pretty colors.
Have a great weekend!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh MYYYYY, just LOVIN' this!!

Christi Flores said...

Oh wow! I love this!!