Friday, September 18, 2009

More KISSes

DSCF5289 I was so enamored of this card that guest designer Martha Stewart did for the PPA Challenge #8, which was to "Keep It Simple, Sweetie", that I had to make my own!!  I just ordered this single stamp, Gobble Gobble (on the last page of the catalog) and needed at least one sample for my downline meeting, so I got to work:

DSCF5286

This is quite simple, and once I figured out which circle Nesties I was using, worked up quickly!  I inked Mr. Turkey up in Creamy Caramel, then added some additional color with a Really Rust marker.  When I originally mounted the stamp, I separated the words from the image like this:

DSCF5301 DSCF5302

That allows me to use the sentiment more easily on other projects---more bang for my buck!  And of course, all those little circles left over were begging to be used, so I made a little 3x3 card:

DSCF5299 This would make a great little gift card for a little loaf of bread at Thanksgiving!  Thanks for visiting today!

 

 

 

  • Stamps:  Falling Leaves, Gobble Gobble, Autumn Days
  • Paper:  Confetti White, Dusty Durango, Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke, Kraft, Autumn Traditions DP
  • Ink:  Creamy Caramel, Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Always Artichoke
  • Acc:  Circle Punches, Nesties, Dimensionals, Really Rust marker

11 comments:

Ann said...

Fabulous fall cards, LeAnne! Love that you kept them CAS!

mudmaven said...

Love both of these! What a neat idea with the punches. ~chris

Elise said...

THAT is some delicious and talented card production, LeAnne! You must be a fabulous leader for your downline! {I'm envious!} Great job!

Renee said...

Very nice LeAnne! I saw that you had a camp last night...how'd it go?

ChristineCreations said...

Both great Leanne! Awesomely CAS...I always love Thanksgiving cards. They just warm my heart!

Christi Flores said...

Awesome fall cards!!

Carol L said...

Great cards, both of them! I love the idea of separating sentiments from images! Great idea!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Julia Aston said...

What a great card LeAnne! love that technique - can't believe that poor girl has the name of Martha Stewart - not that it's bad - just confusing for her!!! LOL!!

Lorraine said...

I love it when you can separate the sentiment - you're right about the bang for the buck! Both cards are wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration.

Juanita said...

Love that little turkey! Great job with the layout.

Tammy Hershberger said...

GREAT CAS designs, LeAnne! (Sorry I'm so behind on commenting this week!)