Friday, September 25, 2009

Pottery Barn-Inspired

DSCF5451

The challenge from Pals Paper Arts this week was an inspiration challenge from Pottery Barn.  It was so gorgeous, I really was stumped---there wasn't a thing that I could do that would do it justice!  And when I made my card, it still didn't turn out the way I wanted it to in my head---oh well, I know I can put it to good use anyway!  Here's the inspiration:

PPA9

Don't you wish your credenza looked like that?  Heck, I wish I HAD a credenza!  LOL!  Anyway, this card also fulfills the LSC239 "SOS" challenge at SCS today--my SOS is "sewing", "ovals" and "silhouettes"....not terribly creative, but I am a busy gal!!  So here you go:

DSCF5452

I used the jumbo wheel Friendly Words, Pocket Silhouettes and the hostess set, Of The Earth, using Dusty Durango, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Crushed Curry and Creamy Caramel for my colors; cardstock base is Naturals Ivory.  And since I did sewing on my card, I covered the inside with some nice DP to hide the threads:

DSCF5453

Sentiment is from Falling Leaves.  Any other questions, shoot me an email!  Thanks for visiting today!

23 comments:

Elise said...

You're so funny, LeAnne! (Remember, someone has to dust all of that stuff!) I think your card is LOVELY! Such a celebration of the season! Wonderful work, darlin' !

Carol L said...

Your card really does look like the inspirational photo you used! Gorgeous details, and I just love those pocket silhouette stamps! Nice job on the challenge!!

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

I love this card! Fall has such beautiful colors!!! Great job using the inspirational photo! I wish I had room for one of those too! :)

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful - inside and out - love the scalloped ovals and the soft stamping on top!

Leonie said...

That is a fabulous take on the challenge

Ann Schach said...

Love it, LeAnne! The ovals reflect the colors in the inspiration photo perfectly! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Leigh said...

I like your card and the colours are gorgeous.

Lourdes Torres said...

Very nice card LeAnne. It have so beautiful colors!
Lourdes

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhh, those colors are SOOOO rich and yummy!...and heck yeah, I wish I had a credenza that looked like that (or like you, had one at all, hee!). Gorgeous card!

mudmaven said...

I think you did a great job! I wouldn't really want to dust all that stuff if I had a credenza to put it on - isn't a credenza kind of a desk? Why would you want to put all that stuff on it anyway! ~chris

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is stunning! I think it's a perfect design inspired by the photo! All of your details are fabulous, and I love the sentiment placement up at the top! Gorgeous work!

Banu said...

WOW This card is just stunning. I have run out of adjectives..It is gorgeous.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne! I too, loooove the Pottery Barn. You made those Pocket Silhouette stamps look stunning! :) TFS

Anonymous said...

OH HOT DOG!!! I never really liked the inchies, so I'm glad to see those little ovals. SO much friendlier.

Juanita said...

Sigh, this is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

OMGosh LeAnne, this is gorgeous and looks just like the photo! Beautiful job! :)

Cards by Gina said...

Love your card, Leanne! Great job with the sketch and your colors and design are just beautiful!

Lynn Put said...

Your card is wonderful! I love all the fall colors!

Susan Raihala said...

I adore getting inspiration from catalogs, and you've done an amazing job!

Margaret Moody said...

I LOVE your card, LeAnne! Love the ovals, your colors, and stamp choices! They're all just perfect together! Great job with the Inspiration Challenge!

Pals Paper Arts said...

On behalf of the design team, thank you for playing @ PPA.

Join us for our next challenge on Thursday, October 1, 2009.

Barbara said...

It's perfect--you captured the inspiration piece perfectly!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh LeAnne! I LOVE this card!! Your word panel that is stitched to the front is awesome behind the flowers cut out with your oval punch. I haven't see these flowers cut to ovals, and I'm glad you showed me the possibility because I LOVE it! Not sure what you had in mind for your card, but I sure do like what you came up with!!