Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pals Paper Arts #8

DSCF5288

 

Today's Pals Paper Arts Challenge is to make a simple card--minimal layers, embellishments, etc.  LOL--they called it KISS--Keep It Simple, Sweetie!   I LOVE simple cards, and I had a few sets that I needed samples for, so I made this one up real quickly!  I have a couple more, and I'll post them later! 

DSCF5283

Still struggling with my photography--does anyone else have trouble with side-fold cards?  This looks warped--but it's not!  Anyway, I think I am still on the first pack of Going Gray cardstock I ever purchased!  That's the base; words are stamped in GG using my Stamp-a-ma-Jig; the witch hat and spider are stamped in Stazon--and I added a couple tiny little embellishments with Dusty Durango.  Pretty simple!

Also, I have been so busy--I have been neglecting all my comments on the fabulous creations I have been ripping through out there in blogland!  I have an upline AND a downline meeting this weekend, among other things!  So once that is over, things should return to normal--whatever that is!  Thanks for visiting!

21 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Love the special touch of the tiny orange puff!

Kim said...

Great KISS card and I absolutely love the splash of orange!

Juanita said...

Nice work with this set. i love it

Barbara said...

How cute, LeAnne! Try this: stand back a little and zoom in with your camera by the zoom button instead of physically moving your camera closer to your card. I found if I did that I avoided that "fish eye" look. Might help :)

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, I have been crazy busy, too....and haven't been commenting on your blog lately. However, darlin', your work is incredible!!!! I love this card, as well the others that you've been posting. Congrats on the PPAC win!! Woohoo!

Can't wait for your downline meeting on Sunday. Seems like it's been forever!! xoxo

mudmaven said...

Very nice card! I am always having trouble taking decent pix, but am going to try Barbara's suggestion - thanks! I think "normal" is a very relative term when it comes to crafters in general and stampers in particular. ~chris

Carol L said...

It's a stroke of genius the way you've taken a simple stamp set and added 2 tiny elements to make it outstanding!! I absolutely LOVE this card!! Awesome!!

Susan Raihala said...

This is COOL! Love the text and hat and layout!

Ann Schach said...

Perfect card, LeAnne! I love your layout and just the right splash of color! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Linda Callahan said...

This is great - so cute with the touch of orange!

Ann said...

Perfect Halloween card, LeAnne! Stop by my blog for a special surprise...*wink*

Linda said...

This is so cute. I love the simple style. What are the names of the stamps.

Mandy said...

So incredibly cute! Love it! :)

Margaret Moody said...

I love your cute, cute card, LeAnne! It's so clean, contemporary, and fun! I love your simple design, too! You've inspired me to purchase this stamp set and "C.A.S.E." your great card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a CUTE design, LeAnne! Very clever! (And yes, I have trouble photographing side-fold cards... that's why I don't make them that way anymore! LOL)

Janine said...

I always have trouble with my photos. This is a great simple design LeAnne..
Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

That warped look is called "fish eye" and the only way to avoid it is to stand far enough BACK from your photo that you can crop the finished photo DOWN, instead of trying to fill the viewfinder with the card.

(I hate plain cards) lol

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh I love this!! Too cute!!

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

Super cute card!!

Rose said...

Such a cute Halloween card, LeAnne! Love it!

Pals Paper Arts said...

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for playing @ PPA!

Be sure to join us for our next challenge on Thursday, September 24, 2009.