Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Color Throwdown #62

CTD62 swatch

DSCF5476 This week's CTD hostess is Broni, and she chose some spooky colors to challenge us this week:
Rich Razzleberry, Really Rust, Old Olive and Basic Gray!  And the sponsor this week is Louby Lou Digital Images!  I am still learning how to use digital images, but it is certainly fun to change the size and print them on different papers, and to always have them at hand!!  (And no smudged ink!)  I chose to make my little Dracula on the larger size, and then realized he was a tad bit intimidating for me to color in with my Copics:

DSCF5473

I did use SU markers for his shirt, and you can definitely tell the difference!  However, I persevered and did some paper piecing for the larger elements, and kept the layout and embellishments rather simple since this will go to my nephew for Halloween---he doesn't really like a lot of glitter & stuff, as you can imagine!  The card base is textured Basic Gray; papers are BG Ambrosia, (great for Halloween), and the sentiment is from Crafty Secrets; spider is from SU.  I used Rich Razzleberry Patterns DP for his wings and hat; some retired fall DP for the jack-o-lantern.  I have to admit, this was  a challenge for me!  I am still on a learning curve with the Copics and my supply is limited, so bear with me!  I did decorate the inside a little bit with some more DP and a little punched sentiment:

DSCF5475

Thanks for visiting today!  If you'd like to play, post your creation on your blog or an online gallery, then link it back to Mr. Linky on the Color Throwdown blog. Now let's see what the other designers have come up with!

22 comments:

Elise said...

Oh my JACK-O-LANTERN is THIS adorable!!! What a flawlessly executed card this is, oh, spectacular one! These colors are just WONDERFUL! I'm swooning at the thought of their magic powers! Hoping to carve out some special craft time for these tomorrow! YEE HAW! You NAILED these! FANTASTIC!

Darlene said...

GREAT JOB!!! Your coloring is perfect and I love the layout/papers you've used! Wonderful creation!!

Cindy Malone said...

This is awesome LeAnne :-)
I really like how you put those colors together.
Have a Good Day,
Cindy

Broni said...

Get out, LeAnne! Your little guy is just adorable! I love the paper piecing and the papers you used are just perfect!! You even made the inside of the card look great! Love it!!!

Barbara said...

What Broni said!! He *is* adorable!!! And you're right--that Ambrosia paper is perfect!! Love it!

Carol L said...

You did great with this digital image! Your coloring and paper piecing is fabulous! Your nephew should love this cute card!!

Janine said...

Love this LeAnne!! Have a wonderful day!

Wendy Hall said...

This is soooooooooo cute LeAnne!! Bat Billy looks superb!! I hope you enjoyed working with my images from Digital Delights!!
Hugs
Wendy

Juanita said...

Love it. It is a great image and I really think you are onto something by using a simple layout. That image sure steals the show!

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors of your DP's LeAnne! what a sweet dracula inside his pumpkin!!

mudmaven said...

Sooooooo cute! Love the papers you chose too - just wonderful! ~chris

Christi Flores said...

Love it all!!!!

Krista said...

Very nice !! Great job !

csroyal said...

This is just adorable!!! Fantastic job!

Cathy Rulli said...

graat job - love the wings!!!

ShellyH said...

Way too cute!!! How are you doing? I need to get back into my scrapbooking room now that I have vacation photos to scrap & holiday cards to make.

Ida said...

This is cute and charming.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute, LeAnne! I love how you paper-pieced his wings!!! Fabulous card!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh LeAnne! I think you did a FANTASTIC job coloring with your Copics AND the SU! marker! Your little vampire and jack-o-lantern are awesome!! Love the paper piecing you did also...sooooo extra cute :O) That spider complements the image perfectly! Oh adn I have to tell you I LOVE your patterned paper! It's perfect for the challenge...I need to invest in some more gray elements :)

Thank you again for having faith in my ability and allowing me this AWESOME opportunity to be your team's guest designer! This month has been amazing for me! I'll be back to stalk you all...and participate :O)

Leslie Miller said...

Darling cards and fabulous use of the Ambrosia DP for Halloween! Love the idea! You inspire me!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic job LeAnne with both of these cards! I am so glad you persevered with the Dracula image! He looks AMAZING! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwww, that dracula with the pumpkins is THE cutest!! Love Love LOVE your card, LeAnne! Beautiful job working the colors!