Monday, September 14, 2009

Clean & Simple Recycled

DSCF5262

My niece is getting married next month and I had saved her reception card from the invitation because I thought it would be cool to recycle it into their wedding card. Today's CAS challenge #32 at SCS was to make a wedding card! No time like the present!

Here is what the reception card looked like:

DSCF5246

A cool pierced floral design on the right side of the card! I tried to stamp something and lay it over the printing, but I couldn't get it to cover all the words exactly, so I flipped it over:

DSCF5248

It had an interesting, subtle little shading on the underside of the piercing (which you can barely see here). I stamped a sentiment from God's Blessings in Chocolate Chip and die cut it with a Labels One nestie from Very Vanilla. Another layer in Close to Cocoa, mounted it on layers of Brushed Gold and Chocolate Chip and the whole shebang went on a Naturals Ivory card. I also added some beautiful satin Chocolate Chip ribbon (also recycled--I received it on a gift) and my card was finished:

DSCF5261

It took me less than 15 minutes to make this, once I decided on my strategy!! I hope they like it! Thanks for visiting today!!

  • Stamps: God's Blessings
  • Paper: Naturals Ivory, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Brushed Gold
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip
  • Acc: Nesties, Sating Ribbon, Dimensionals

15 comments:

Jetstudio Designs said...

What a great card, I like how you recycled their invitation. I am sure they will cherish this card.

Carol L said...

ohhhh, I LOVE this!! That gorgeous piercing is beautiful, and I love that you recycled the ribbon! Fantastic card, she's going to LOVE it I'm sure!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGosh, LeAnne, what a fantastic idea to recylce!!! Your Wedding card came out GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors and everything about it!!! Thanks for sharing such a cool idea ;D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow!!! She will treasure that card forever. What an elegant, thoughtful creation!

Renee said...

Beautiful LeAnne! I love how you used her invitation!

Juanita said...

What a great idea. There is so much recycling on this beautiful card. You knocked it out of the park!

Starla said...

I'm sure that they will treasure not only the card but the fact that you took something from their invitation to make it!!

Christi Flores said...

I'm sure they are going to love it! This is gorgeous!!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Gorgeous.... great way to recycle!!

Leigh said...

Excellent idea and it's turned out so well.

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

What a BEAUTIFUL wedding card! They are going to LOVE it! Great idea!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very creative LeAnne! That's amazing 15 min! :) TFS

Caryl P said...

Oh how beautiful LeAnne! I love recycling bits from an invitation to make it a custom card. This weekend I went to a wedding and my DH moved the invitation so I couldnt' find it when it was time to make the card...I hope to share what I came up with anyway, but it's not as fabulous as this.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne and what a FABULOUS idea!!! Your niece will LOVE this!

Barbara said...

LeAnne, this is just gorgeous! What a thoughtful thing to do--they will cherish this!