Wednesday, May 29, 2024

SSC336 Knitting Keeps Us From Unraveling

Happy Wednesday, peeps! I have a fun little card today which uses the sketch from Sunday Stamps--such a fun one, too!


A friend in our church knitting group is celebrating a birthday and my first thought was to use the knitting llama from the Zany Zoo set, but I remembered this older SU set called Hand Knit, so I pulled it out and got to work:


I am always teasing her because she tends to knit things in grays and other neutrals, and tell her she needs to knit and wear brighter colors!  So I chose some bright prints for my DSP, but nodded to her love of gray in the stamped images:


I did stamp the sentiment in the retired Regal Rose ink and I mounted the panel on a piece of Bubble Bath...just had to get some color in there!  And since I smudged my original inside sentiment, I stamped it again on a Spotlight on Nature circle diecut and adhered it on top of my booboo, adding some knitting needles beneath it:


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hand Knit (ret), Birthday Centers (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Smoky Slate, Bubble Bath, Misc DSP from my stash
 Ink Memento Black, Smoky Slate, Bubble Bath, Regal Rose (ret)
Accessories Baker's Twine (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies (ret), Banner Dies (Pretty Pink Posh), Blender Pens

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, what a cute card! She will love it, especially the nod to gray :-) The sentiments are fantastic.

Carol L said...

That's a fun take on the sketch with a perfectly created card for your friend's birthday! The image is perfect for someone who knits too, and I love that you stamped it in grey. Fun card.

I Card Everyone said...

Hey! She sounds like my kinda gal!! and just like with me, YOU bring color to her life in a very fun and creative way, LeAnne! What a darling card!
=]

stampwithamyk said...

Such a cute card, fun sentiments and perfect colors! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you tucked the little gray lamb among the bright happy colors! Cute card for your friend, LeAnne!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is such a sweet card. I love the color combo and the precious little lamb. Such a great sentiment, too! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Jan Clothier said...

What a cute card! I like that mix of bright and gray, especially perfect once I read the story behind your choices.Since becoming a grandmother, my knitting needles have seen a new lease on life too. :-)

Jan Clothier said...

What a cute card! I like that mix of bright and gray, especially perfect once I read the story behind your choices.Since becoming a grandmother, my knitting needles have seen a new lease on life too. :-)

dj said...

Adorable...that image and matching sentiment is so cute!! Thanks for playing along with our "get sketchy" challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Deb Horst, DT #SSC336

Linda Callahan said...

Such a sweet card! My mother knitted her whole life - um not me!

Melissa Grant said...

Such a sweet card for a knitter. Maybe she'll take your color combo idea and make something with it ;) Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!