Thursday, May 9, 2024

RRCB230 Set Sail

 Happy rainy Wednesday, peeps! I have another nautical card for you today using a really, really old stamp for the Retro Rubber challenge! Here's their theme


It also uses the FMS sketch:

And here we go:


This card turned out nothing like I imagined it would.  First, I wanted to use gingham, so I printed out some computer-generated gingham, and I thought it would match Azure Afternoon, but I really wanted to use Misty Moonlight.  In hindsight, perhaps the Azure would have matched better.  The stamped image of the sailboat from Set Sail (2004) was larger than I thought so it went over the edge of the panel.  Grrr.  


The sentiment from Special Events (2022) was also larger than I thought, but by this time, I wasn't going to do it over, it is what it is! At least I liked the little rope trim, LOL!

This will go in my masculine birthday card stash---I never seem to have enough!  Thanks for visiting today!

Big day yesterday--Cassidy got her braces off! Now a retainer!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Set Sail (ret, 2004), Special Events (ret, 2022)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Misty Moonlight, Home Again (Carta Bella), Gingham (Computer-generated)
 Ink Misty Moonlight
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Smooth Sailing Dies (ret)

13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens?! It still is a great looking card. Cassidy's teeth look fantastic.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, your nautical card couldn't be more sail-worthy! [is that a phrase? ask John!] And I LOVE that knot!
Such a beautiful smile, Cassidy! Never stop wearing your retainer - ask me how I know!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who struggles once in awhile with creating. Your card turned out just fine and the recipient won't notice any of your struggles! Cassidy's smile is beautiful!

Bonnie said...

This is a great masculine card, LeAnne! Love the blue and white checks and the blueprint of the ship. Yay for getting those braces off! With or without braces, Cassidy has a beautiful smile!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my I love that ship! Beautiful card! And Miss C looks fabulous! Such a milestone when braces come off!

Karen in Florida said...

Great card, LeAnne! I think it's well-balanced & no one would ever know you hadn't planned it this way!
I love the nautical rope/knot, didn't think I had the dies but I do! Yay!

Cassidy looks lovely!!! I'll bet she's delighted to get rid of the braces!

Melissa Grant said...

Well LeAnne your card came out perfectly for the sketch! Don't you just love it when it's not what you had pictured in your head! ;) Nicely done!!

Wendy said...

What a great masculine card, LeAnne! Loved the Set Sail set....still have mine! Love the colors and the added rope die piece! WTG Miss Cassidy! She has a beautiful smile!!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card! I love the nautical theme and the gingham paper and that knotted rope is fantastic! Cassidy is so grown up! Her smile is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

Your nautical card is terrific, love the shade of blue! Congrats to Cassidy, what a pretty smile on such a pretty young lady!

Amy O said...

The nautical theme is perfect for a masculine card, and I love that image and the gingham. Always a treat to see you in the FMS gallery, LeAnne!

Claire Grantham said...

Love seeing you in the RR gallery LeAnn. Love your card it's perfect for the nautical theme. I cannot believe how big Cassidy is! Thanks for playing. Claire x

creative lady said...

Your card is perfect for the theme. Love that blue gingham paper. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.