Sunday, May 12, 2024

PP689 Sweet Little Birdhouse

Happy Sunday, peeps! And Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, step-moms and pet-moms out there! Ann is our Paper Players hostess this week and she has a perfectly delightful color challenge for us!


I couldn't help but ink up the Country Birdhouse stamp set, with all its fun little elements, to make my card today:

I chose Smoky Slate as my additional color!  I stamped and diecut my images, coloring the florals and bird with either Blends or Markers.  I did emboss the bird house elements with the Timber embossing folder and very lightly added some Smoky Slate ink on top...you can barely see it!


I added a little silver pearl on the top, as well as some stamped embellishments on the roof elements.  Finally, it all went on a panel of Basic White, embossed with the Eyelet embossing folder.  I left off a sentiment, as I am not sure for what occasion I'll use this...it could be used for almost anything!

I hope you'll play along with these gorgeous shades that Ann has put together for us--I know I love them! Check out the Paper Players blog to see what the other team members came up with!  Hope to see you there!

Dana usually takes me out flower/plant shopping for Mother's Day, and yesterday we made a trip to a local Amish nursery.  We have LOTS of Amish nurseries in our area, so we decided to try a new one and although it was smaller than some, it didn't disappoint:


This is just one section of plants.  I was fascinated by the hanging baskets waaaaay up at the top and wondered how one would get one of them.  The Amish girls climb up and scamper across the grates to pick out the one you want!!  I was fascinated by this hanging basket:


Part of our haul:


Cassidy was very helpful in pushing the cart to our car!  Now we just have to plant everything!


Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Birdhouse
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Lost Lagoon, Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate
 Ink Smoky Slate
Accessories Smoky Slate Pearls, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Country Birdhouse Dies, Eyelet Embossing Folder, Timber Embossing Folder, Blending Brush, Fresh Freesia Marker, Lost Lagoon & Highland Heather Blends

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, your little birdhouse couldn't be any sweeter! and LOOK you already have a resident! Who could resist a bird house with a 'window' box!?
What a wonderful tradition for you and Dana - I love your choices... and it looks like I MIGHT have dressed Cassidy - all gray!
Happy Mother's Day, my friend!
=]

Denise Willerton said...

Sweetest Bird House EVER LeAnne 💕. I love this bundle so much. Have a blessed day and happy planting 🌺

Tracy Grauer said...

Super cute card, LeAnne! Your coloring is beautiful! just started playing with this bundle and it is so fun! All the flowers are beautiful! Have fun planting!

Wendy said...

Oh, I just love this card, LeAnne! Such soft pastel colors on your card. Your coloring is wonderful and I do love the embossed background panel! Love all the pretty flowers at the greenhouse, too! The Amish always have the most beautiful flowers & flowerbeds that I have ever seen!! Happy Mother's Day and enjoy your day! :)

Bonnie said...

This birdhouse is adorable, LeAnne! I love the woodgrain look and the sweet bird too! I have some flowers to plant too. Hopefully it will stay cooler for a few days. Happy Mothers Day!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little birdhouse! This is a delightful card, LeAnne. Looks like you girls picked a great spot to shop this year. Happy Mother's Day!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so sweet LeAnne - I love the woodgrain texture and background embossing too. Such a pretty card! My birdhouses are seeing a lot of action right now - one sadly has an unhatched nest of 10 eggs :-( but the other box has 7 hatched blue tits that are now 11 days old and growing stronger each day!

Karen in Florida said...

Your card is the cutest use of the birdhouse stamp I've seen! I love it!
Thanks for sharing.
Now get out there & start planting!! ha!

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous card - love that birdhouse! mine just arrived! And your real flowers are gorgeous too!

Cynthia Stevenson said...

This is so pretty and sweet LeAnne. I love this card!

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful way to incorporate the challenge colors, LeAnne! This bird house is absolutely adorable. The embossed background showcases everything perfectly. Way to hit it out of the park!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love this card, LeAnne! This was such a fun way to use the colors in the challenge! You little birdhouse, flowers and birdie are beautiful! The embossed background adds so much texture. Just perfect!
Love all these gorgeous flowers at the nursery, too!

Ida said...

Super sweet and cute. That little birdhouse/bird are adorable and you worked the colors in beautifully. - Also love all your pretty flowers you bought.