Sunday, May 19, 2024

PP690 Punny CAS

Happy Sunday, everyone! Hope your weekend is going well!  Anne Marie is our hostess at the Paper Players this week with a really fun CAS theme:


What a great idea! I pulled out a really, really old Crafty Secrets set and here's what I came up with:


I did paper-piecing of my little teabag and tag with some retired Mint Macaron papers, diecut it out and mounted it on a panel of Basic White embossed with the Elegant Dots embossing folder:


Since I am using the sketch from FMS this week, I added some Mint Macaron Country Gingham banners to frame my punny design!

And on the inside, I stamped a sentiment from the new set Simply Said, and over top, a little sunshine image from Happiest Day:


I am also entering this at As You See It, in their "recipe" challenge:

Got them all!

Now, I hope you'll make us laugh with whatever humorous or punny creations you can come up with! We all need a good giggle once in a while, right?!  Share it with the other stampers at the Paper Players blog and while you're there, check out what the designers did as well!  See you there!

Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Simply Said, Happiest Day, Coffee & Tea Large (Crafty Secrets)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Mint Macaron (ret), Country Gingham (ret)
 Ink Versafine Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Nested Essentials Dies, Elegant Dots Embossing Folder (ret), Banner Dies (Pretty Pink Posh)

16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So fun, LeAnne! Gosh, do I have any pun-y stamps?
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Oh, I love your puny sentiment! What a great card you designed!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun! Cute the on the sketch too!

Heather said...

Oh gosh, I can think of a few friends I could give this one to, lol - what a riot! Love these colors! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely to see you join in the recipe challenge, LeAnne. And great work in combining it with the others too. I too got a laugh out of the sentiment here. Thanks for sharing with us at As You See It. :-)

Bonnie said...

What a great card, LeAnne! It made me giggle!

Kampin' Karen said...

This is such a great card. I love how you followed the design. I love puns and this one is fantastic. Then there's monochromatic and embossing folders...awesome!

Heather Cooper said...

Hahaha! I love that sentiment, LeAnne! And I love the Mint Macaron combined with Black & White. So cute! Thanks for cooking up our recipe at As You See It Challenges!

Linda Callahan said...

OMG - perfection!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love that sentiment LeAnne - just perfect for a tea drinker like me of a certain age lol!! Framed beautifully with the Mint Macaron gingham too. Thanks for playing along with us over at As You See It too!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a super fun take on our sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at FMS this week.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love this card. I have so many people who would really appreciate sentiment! Love your color choices, too.
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

How fun! I love this sentiment and the fun gingham check banners. The embossing adds so much texture! This is perfect for the challenge!

Deborah Wheeler said...

...and that's a tea-rrific card too, LeAnne! Love the way you've incorporated all the elements of our recipe. Thanks for playing along at As You See It

Ann Schach said...

What a perfect card for an old tea drinker like me, LeAnne! This is such a fabulous image. Of course, the plaid lover in me adores the Mint Macaron plaid paper. What fun!

Jane Knudsen said...

LeAnne - this is one fun card! I love that you used mint macaron as it really is perfect for a mint flavored tea (in my mind!)! The sentiment is hilarious! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!