Sunday, May 26, 2024

PP691 Sketch From Claire

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Claire has a lovely sketch for us this week at the Players!Players!  Check it out:

I recently got the Perennial Lavender DSP and wanted to make a vintage-hued card.  I chose a few patterns, inked up my Country Flowers stamp set and went to work:


I created my vertical panels using the retired Stitched Rectangle dies and layered them on a panel of Very Vanilla.  The floral image was stamped on Vanilla as well, using Pecan Pie ink and coloring it was ink and an aquapainter.  The pot was stamped on some retired Kraft paper and the little "joy" was from Choose Happy, and I punched it out with a retired tiny tag punch:


I did add a couple of Blooming Pearls to the center of the flowers for a wee bit of classiness!

I can see lots of possibilities with this sketch, and I hope you'll hop over to the Paper Players blog to see what the other designers did with it!  Get some inspiration, then come play along! We can't wait to see what you come up with!

A few pix from our Memorial Day parade; John marching with the (dwindling) veterans:


Our town always has a little ceremony; John is second from left:


Afterwards, a local Presbyterian church always has hot dogs, snacks and a band.  It was a beautiful day for all of it!


Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Flowers, Choose Happy
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Perennial Lavender DSP, Kraft (ret)
 Ink Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake, Pretty Peacock
Accessories Dimensionals, Blooming Pearls, Linen Thread
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Country Flowers Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies (ret), Small Tag Punch (ret), Aquapainter

11 comments:

Vickie said...

So heartwarming LeAnne…and hey John still fits into his uniform. Good for him. thank him for his service. My hubby was in Vietnam. Thank them all…and God’s Blessings.

I Card Everyone said...

Darling rendition of that Sketch, LeAnne - LOve those dsps! [Almost makes me want to try to recreate them.]

As always, thank John for his service and for remembering those fallen for me, please.
=]

Karen in Florida said...

Lovely card, LeAnne!
John looks very handsome in his dress whites! And I love the picture of you with John!!!
Blessings to you on this Memorial Day!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card! My Country Flowers bundle should be arriving this week and I can't wait to play with it! May have to CASE this card of yours. Thank you, John, for your service. He is looking mighty fine in his uniform. The two of you are adorable.

Kampin' Karen said...

Does John work out? He always looks so trim in his uniform. No wonder you fell for him...lol! I know why he fell for you...because you are beautiful inside and out...so is your card. I'm thankful to be remembering the men and women who fell in active duty to protect our country and freedom.

Linda Callahan said...

Your card is so sweet! And you two look mahhhvelous! Another parade for us tomorrow.....actually for Emma - we just cheer from the sidelines!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the neutral colours and clean yet vintage feel of your card LeAnne - so pretty. Great parade photos too.

Stampin Expressions said...

I love your card LeAnne! It is so soft and sweet! The texture that the DSP gives really adds to the vintage feel! Thank you also for your husband's service! Blessings!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I love the vintage feel of your card. The neutral colors are so pretty! The little tag is precious, too! You certainly made my sketch challenge shine with this beauty!
GO USA! I love all the Memorial Day photos. SO proud of your John!

Ann Schach said...

First of all, I thank John for his service to our country. It looks like you had a wonderful Memorial Day celebration. Your card is lovely. The colors are beautiful. I LOVE the little tag and the pearl cemters. Thank you so much for the birthday card! You are rocking this set for sure!

jaydeestamping said...

LeAnne, my father would have thanked John for his service and for remembering the fallen. Every year, come rain or shine, Dad would go to the cenotaph in my home town and pay his respects to his fallen comrades. So, on his behalf, I thank John for his service and for remembering.

Your card has all the LeAnne hallmarks, wonderful color combo and a fabulous fresh but vintage feel
hugs
jaydee