Friday, May 31, 2024

IB291 Choose Healing

Happy Friday, everyone!  I have a cheerful little card today based on the Inspired By challenge photo, as well as the sketch; here they are:


I needed a get-well card for a friend who recently had a medical procedure, so this is for her:


I decided to turn the sketch on its side so I could add a sentiment at the bottom.  The images and sentiment are all from Choose Happy.  I diecut three "stamps" from the Perennial Postage dies and created a little stencil using a piece of acetate so I could sponge the centers.  I then stamped each one with an image from the set and colored it with ink and a blender pen:




I also added some gel pen polka dots for a little fun and to coordinate with the background paper as well!  And because of those polka dots, I am squeaking this in to the Double D Polka Dot challenge where they're honoring a team member who recently passed away:


I hope it cheers up my friend! 

Yesterday I heard a very LOUD squealing sound from the woods behind my house...I have never heard a noise like that at all! Nothing came up on my Merlin bird app, so I cautiously walked out through the freshly-mown field and just happened to look up and see this:


Yep, a bald eagle.  I got very close and it never flew away while I was there. I did make a little video and in it you can hear the sound; I believe it was a hawk, which I saw behind the eagle.  I am thinking he was not happy the eagle was honing in on his territory, but the eagle stayed put and the hawk flew off!


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Choose Happy
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Polka Dot DSP (ret, can't remember the name)
 Ink Versafine Black, Daffodil Delight, Pretty in Pink, Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist, Primrose Petals (ret), Acetate Sheet for stencil
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Blending Brushes, White Gel Pen (Posca)

9 comments:

Wendy said...

This card is so sweet, LeAnne! Love the colors! Love the stamp set you used (which is on my Wish List) and I love this design! I know your loving the 3 element panels, too! This is sure to bring a smile to the recipients face! Well done! And that video of the bald eagle in your back yard is priceless!! WOW!

I Card Everyone said...

I love your little postal pretties in a field of pretty polkas, LeAnne - I'm sure your friend will love receiving it!
Isn't it just amazing how we can now just randomly see a Bald Eagle in your backyard? So exciting! To think these majestic birds were nearly extinct - doesn't it make you shudder?
=]

Anonymous said...

Such a soft and pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By! ~Laurel

Tracy Grauer said...

I love this sweet card with those polka dots! I am so glad you were blessed by the presence of a bald eagle! Nature is such a gift!

Bonnie said...

This is certain to cheer your friend, LeAnne! Love the polka-dots and the sweet images! We hear the hawks screeching all the time but we've never seen a bald eagle. What a blessing!

Darlene said...

Your card is simply perfect my friend ... Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Isn't it exciting to see an eagle up close & personal. They are SO majestic. We have a couple nests near by and from time to time I happen to be outside when they fly over ... plus I saw many in Alaska. Always a thrill! Awesome photos & video ... thanks for sharing them.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly delightful and makes my polka dot loving heart happy! How fun that you got up close to the eagle!!

Judy Woodland said...

How special to see that eagle, they are so majestic and HUGE!! You are a lucky woman. I love, love, LOVE your card!!! It's so sweet and fabulous in it's simplicity. I have pinned!!! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D Polka Dot Challenge. I hope we see you back again soon!
Judy~ DD DT Designer

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable card - and eagles scare me!