Tuesday, May 28, 2024

RRCB231 Lavender Love

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Feels like Monday, doesn't it? We had a nice rainy Memorial Day....a good day to stay inside and stamp!  The Retro Rubber challenge is a color challenge this go-round and since it uses lavender shades, which are a struggle for me, I thought I'd challenge myself to create something! Here's the pretty prompt:


I had not used Painted Harvest (2017)  for a long time, so I pulled it out, along with Wishing You Well (2018) and some papers in the challenge colors:


I enjoy all these colors, but these are not ones I would necessarily think to put together! I stamped the flower petals in Gorgeous Grape and Berry Burst, then the center with Fresh Freesia.  It was diecut with the new Spotlight on Nature die.  I added a layer of Berry Burst gingham to a Gorgeous Grape panel that was cut with the Radiating Stitches die.  Each leaf was stamped with Shaded Spruce, then fussy-cut.  I added the sentiment, cut with the Countryside Corners die, and popped everything on a card which had the lower portion embossed with the Wrapped in Texture embossing folder.  I left the inside blank, and I'll add a sentiment when I decide the occasion!


If any of you are creeped out by creepy crawly things, just move past this part, LOL!  My sister is visiting her daughter outside of Chicago and they're in the path of the emerging cicadas (we are not!)!!  She took some pictures after it rained a couple of days ago:



I think this one is the most interesting! We used to collect these little shells all over the trees (and my grandma's clothesline prop!) on our farm.  Who knew that what came out of them looked like THIS:


Isn't nature amazing?!  Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Painted Harvest (2017), Wishing You Well (2018), both retired
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Gorgeous Grape, Berry Burst Gingham DSP (ret)
 Ink Gorgeous Grape, Berry Burst, Fresh Freesia, Shaded Spruce
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Spotlight on Nature Dies, Countryside Corners Dies, Radiating Stitches Dies, Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder (ret)

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Wow! What fantastic photos. They are noisy little buggers, aren't they?! Fortunately, I have not heard them in my immediate vicinity but I did hear them a few miles away. I love your card because purple IS my favorite color. It was so good to see those retired stamp sets come out of hiding. You've inspired me...thank you. Be blessed as you ARE a blessing.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne you really worked your magic with these colors! They came together beautifully! Loving those radiating stitches and can always count on you to give me my gingham fix!

I'm a nature girl, but if I ever saw that many cicadas IRL at once it might freak me out! Does she know what killed them? That last one emerging seems to be opening its wings like our Monarchs do!

Thanks for the nature lesson, my friend - we haven't seen [or heard] any here.
=]

Vicky Hayes said...

Lots of gorgeous texture, a beautiful combination of images, AND you did a wonderful job with those colours LeAnne! Purples are definitely not my go-to either but I'm finding myself drawn to them more and more recently. Thanks for sharing how the cicadas emerge - nature is just miracle after miracle! Vicky x

Tracy Grauer said...

Painted Harvest has always been a favorite set of mine. All those colors came together nicely on your card. We don't have circadas here so it was an interesting nature lesson for me!

Jeanne H said...

Your card is wonderful, I love purple in all it shades. The circadas creep me out, though.

Lisa Elton said...

I like they way you layered those colors together, LeAnne! Lovely card. BLECH to the bugs! I'm so glad we don't have them here either. I remember them from a few years ago and their sound is just creepy... like aliens or something!

wannabcre8tive said...

I am loving this beautiful card and the fab colors you used. Great paper choices. I feel your sisters pain with dealing with the cicadas. I live in Southern IL and they have been horrendous. I never saw so many bugs before. They were everywhere. We had them for over two weeks. They are almost gone now except for a few stragglers.

Claire Grantham said...

Such an amazing card LeeAnn, love the layers and the mix of textures. UGH, no thanks to bugs. I am so glad that we are not in the path of the Cicadas, we used to be in NYC and they are SO GROSS!!! Thanks for playing, love seeing you in the gallery. Claire x

creative lady said...

Pretty card! I’ll pass on the cicadas! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!

Neva Cole said...

Love all the texture and layers. Such a fun card. I also enjoyed the cicadas :)
Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber, Neva DT

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty card! I have been reading about those cicadas! Great pictures of them!