Friday, March 29, 2024

JAI695 Chocolate Bunny

Happy Friday, peeps! I have a quick card to share today for the Just Add Ink challenge of CHOCOLATE! 

What a fun challenge! It reminded me of this single bunny stamp from SU from a long time ago, so I dug it out, along with a Hero Arts stamp and this is what I came up with:


One last Easter card!  My background paper is from Fitting Florets, and the sentiment panel was stamped with Blushing Bride and Chocolate Chip.  I think it took me longer to find my Chocolate Chip reinker to ink up my old CC ink pad than it did to make the card, LOL!  I cut the frame out with a Rectangle Deckle Edge die, added some grosgrain ribbon and "chocolate" dots:


and of course, my chocolate bunny!  He was stamped on Pecan Pie cardstock with Chocolate Chip ink, then fussy cut:


A sentiment from Throughout the Year went on the inside.  I'll probably save this one for next year!! 


Longwood Gardens has a blog and they often have really interesting stories to tell about the gardens! This week they had a piece about "Uncle Pierre's Iron Snakes"....apparently Mr DuPont had two iron snakes created and he would hide them around the yard and tell his nieces and nephews to go find them!  You can see a photo of them below, in front of Mr DuPont's home:


These snakes are over 100 years old and were beginning to show deterioration, so they decided to have a new pair made by a local ironworker.  It's a fascinating story and you can read the whole piece HERE. The next time I go, I will be on the lookout for them!  Meanwhile, the last time I was there, one of the gardeners walked past my brother and me with this in his hand:


Yuck! I wasn't sure whether I should be fascinated or repulsed by this creature!  The gardener said it was a snail, obviously, but it was NOT a good snail and it would damage the plants.  So off to the head gardener he went....not sure of his future but I don't think it was a good one!  Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Throughout the Year, Single Bunny (ret), A Little Something (Hero Arts)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pecan Pie, Early Espresso, Flitting Florets DSP
 Ink Blushing Bride (ret), Chocolate Chip (ret)
Accessories Opaque Faceted Gems, Dimensionals, Grosgrain Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Rectangle Deckle Edge Dies

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Yes, I love that bunny stamp. I don't have it but one of my Florida friends had it and I only made one card with it. Shame on me! Thank you so much for sharing Longwood! Happy Easter to you and your family.

Carol L said...

What a perfect sentiment to go along with that fun little chocolate bunny! I still have mine and didn't use it this year but I'll never part with it either LOL Love that story about the iron snakes, how fun! Have a happy Easter and do indulge in some chocolate!

I Card Everyone said...

OH, do I love your darling chocolate bunny, LeAnne! What a gorgeous stamp! SO perfect for your card and befitting of your sentiment!
=]
p.s. Don't worry about Mr. Snail... he crawled all the way here and is on my card!

Tracy Grauer said...

Great chocolate bunny card, LeAnne. Thanks for sharing the Longwood iron snakes story. Happy Easter!

Karen in Florida said...

I still have the chocolate bunny! Love the colors you used for him. Very cute card, LeAnne!
BTW...the snail is really icky.

Lisa Elton said...

It sure does! Cute bunny, cute card! Eeewww to the snail!

Bonnie said...

My sentiments exactly! And what a darling chocolate bunny! I enjoyed the story of the snakes. I imagine if you didn't know about them and spotted them in the distance, they would be a bit frightening. That snail is interesting but I wouldn't like to find one in my garden!

Kerry Parkinson said...

I have to wholeheartedly agree with that great sentiment stamp, lol. Such a sweet and pretty card, thanks for sharing it in our chocolate challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Such a sweet Easter card, LeAnne. And of course you are completely correct. A pretty colour scheme and choice of elements too. Thanks for playing along with our JAI chocolate challenge.
Diane, JAI