Thursday, March 28, 2024

FMS629 Tidings of Comfort & Joy

Happy Thursday, peeps! I have another Christmas card for you today, since I am trying to replenish my stash! It uses Amy's sketch from FMS and the designer paper challenge from Christmas Craft Creations:

So here we go, I am on a vintage roll:


I used some papers from Simple Stories' Simple Vintage Christmas....this pad is almost gone, I've used it so much!  The top border is cut from one piece; I fussy-cut around the holly at the top and I added a little Mossy Meadow panel embossed with an embossing folder that mimicked the scallop of the lace behind it.  The lower holly pattern is another piece of DSP.  


I added a sentiment from Hope and Peace, diecut with a retired oval die and layered with a Mossy Meadow scallop:


A little Cherry Cobbler soft baker's twine added a bit of embellishment.  Another sentiment from the same set on the inside:


Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hope & Peace (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Mossy Meadow, Naturals Ivory (ret), Simple Vintage Christmas (Simple Stories)
 Ink Cherry Cobbler
Accessories Cherry Cobbler Twine (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Layering Ovals Dies (ret), Elegant Dots EF (ret)

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful, LeAnne! That paper is gorgeous and I love the embossed cardbase sticking out at the top! Perfect sentiment inside & out! Way to go on building your stash! :)

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne you've stitched those papers together seamlessly - so very pretty. I'm betting you'll be sorry when those papers are gone... I will be, too. Your oval sentiment is so beautiful - love that bit of scallop peeking out there!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

You are getting quite a jump on your Christmas cards! I love that holly paper and vintage is always a good thing. Have a blessed day.

Tammy Fite said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne!!! Love that paper!! Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!!

Tracy Grauer said...

Your stash of papers always impress me. This holly is gorgeous! Great use of the paper with that sentiment. Don't you just love layered ovals?! I do!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty Christmas card! I love the papers and the scalloped oval holing your sentiment!

Linda Callahan said...

you do have a great stash of papers! Loving the holly! So pretty for Christmas!

Jen Brum said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card LeAnne! I love that holly paper! Love that sweet little bow too! The colours are perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Leanne said...

Oh wow, love the DSP and the stamp/sentiment is perfect, awesome card, thank you for playing our Christmas Craft Challenge, have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/CCC
Christmas Craft Creations

Amy O said...

These papers are so pretty! And I love the little peeks of lace at the top. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lori Turner said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous!! I love the designer paper you used...so pretty!

Lori - DT
Christmas Craft Creations