Monday, March 4, 2024

Christmas Joy in Green

Happy Monday, everyone!  I've been neglecting my Christmas cards lately, and when I saw the Peace On Earth challenge's mood board, I was inspired to make a green one!  Here's their board:


I was inspired by ALL the green greenery...so pretty...as well as the white accents!  So here we go:


My friend Michele convinced me that I needed this W+9 Bells and Bows set; it's a little time-consuming to stamp all the layers, but the results are really detailed and pretty!  I stamped and diecut everything out, added a Simon Says Stamp sentiment, then mounted them all on some retired SU DSP and an embossed layer to create a 4 1/4" square card base.


I loosely used the sketch from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown (my layers are not quite the same, but I followed the stripes in the paper):


Another to add to my stash!  Thanks for popping in today!

So yesterday was a refreshing change from the rain on Saturday...sunny and in the 60s!  I was cleaning up the patio and I spied this wee little thing:


It was only about 3" high!  I was so surprised....my daffodils are always very late to bloom compared to my neighbors', so I was thrilled to see this cheerful little guy popping up!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Bells And Bows (W+9), Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Classic Christmas DSP (ret)
 Ink Versafine Black, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Shaded Spruce, Garden Green
Accessories Silver Mini Brad (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Bells and Bows Dies (W+9), Elegant Dots Embossing Folder (ret)

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I LOVE this card. Do you ever get tired of my saying that about your cards? It's not very original, but it's always true. Have a blessed day and thanks for sharing your daffodil.

I Card Everyone said...

I admired that mood board, too, LeAnne! You have found such a beautiful way to represent it - and I'm SO happy you snagged one of those sets before they were gone!
Your lovely card is sure to bring joy as did this sweet little daffodil. [psst my tulips are peeking!]
=]

Christy Lynn said...

Wow that's a lovely mood board, and I love your interpretation! Green is my favorite color all year long :) Love your card!

Fabiola said...

oh wow c'est superbe LeAnn, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Linda Callahan said...

I am loving the green - and the sketch you used! Pretty holiday card!

Lisa Elton said...

You made a great purchase and have used it beautifully! Love all of your wonderful layers. That sweet little daffodil makes me smile!

Bonnie said...

What wonderful rich greens, LeAnn! Love that bow and your divided front with the embossing and paper!

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Diane said...

A beautifully created card, those bells are so pretty, as are your daffodils!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}