Thursday, March 14, 2024

FMS627 Boho Butterfly Sympathy

Happy Thursday, peeps! My allergies got me down and out these last few days but I was finally able to get some stamping in last night! Sadly, I needed two more sympathy cards, and the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches worked perfectly!  Here's the sketch:



And here's my card:

I used some Poetic Expressions DSP and Boho Blue cardstock, then used a Paper Butterfly accented with an Iridescent gem. The sentiment is from Lasting Joy, stamped on a diecut from Timeless Arrangements.  I did add a little scallop diecut from the retired Be Mine Stitched framelits:


I flipped the sketch and the butterfly for the second card:


I just love this blue!  I am just sad I need the cards!

Dana and Wayne got me a bird cam for Christmas and I finally got it set up.  Take a look at this pretty guy (sorry, he doesn't seem to show up on my phone, but he does on the computer!!):


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Lasting Joy
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Boho Blue, Poetic Expressions DSP
 Ink Boho Blue
Accessories Iridescent Gem, Dimensionals, Paper Butterfly
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine Every Day Essentials Dies, Stitched Be Mine Dies (ret)

9 comments:

Carol L said...

Making sympathy cards always brings sadness, but both of your cards look beautiful in that soft blue color. The camera is a wonderful gift and will bring you endless moments of fun watching birds like that pretty cardinal. Feel better soon.

I Card Everyone said...

My eyes are itchy - and I take Claritin daily, LeAnne! That one big pine tree in our front yard is the culprit, I'm sure! If you felt like playing cards, I know you're feeling a bit better!
These beautiful cards are going to help those that have had a loss feel better, too... so pretty and thoughtful!
That camera is going to be fun - wait until that big ol' Pileated lands!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

I'm sorry you needed two of these but they are both beautiful. I love the design, color and the paper accent butterflies. What a nice gift from your family, too.

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful cards, LeAnne. I'm sorry you needed them but I'm glad you can share comfort through your cardmaking. Okay, the cardinal is awesome! We don't have cardinals where I live and seeing one up close and real just made my day! A bird cam...what a great gift!

Lisa Elton said...

Sorry you've been down and out, allergies are no fun. Your sympathy cards are lovely and are sure to be appreciated. What a fun gift! Looking forward to more of your visitors!

Wendy said...

OMGosh, I am loving your bird cam, LeAnne! I am not much of a bird person but they are growing on me as we have lots of different ones around our backyard, too! There is a nest of cardinals & blue jays close by but I love hearing the owls! Anyways, your card is so pretty and I am loving the Boho Blue DSP and that pretty butterfly! So sorry to hear your under the weather. I know our cough has been hanging on since we had the flu 3 weeks ago! It's relentless! Feel better soon!

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a beautiful card in that stunning blue LeAnne (I had to add some of that to my stash too!) So sorry you have needed these sympathy cards.

I am amazed by your bird cam - how amazing to see that cardinal hopping about so close! Vicky x

Kim S said...

What a lovely sympathy card. I love the delicate butterfly with that gorgeous blue paper behind it. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card - I am a total fan of the blue!