Saturday, February 24, 2024

Wish Upon A Star Birthday

Happy Saturday, peeps!  My card today is a little out of my norm, but I needed a card quickly and just sort of threw this together!  A sweet church friend is a dog lover....I mean a REAL dog lover, and her birthday is coming up.  The challenge at JUGS is to use stencils, and the Seize the Birthday challenge is to use red as the main color:



I pulled out the retired Happy Tails and its matching punch, some star stencils I received as a gift, and here is my quick card:

I remember experimenting with red inks on red cardstocks but I forget what I ended up thinking was the best color...this was Cherry Cobbler, and I don't really like the muddy effect it created, but I needed to get this in the mail, so I'll have to experiment again!  Anyway, I stamped my pup on Crumb Cake and punched him out:

The sentiment on the front of the card is a from Lawn Fawn's Upon a Star:


and on the inside, the sentiment is from Spellbinders, along with some paw prints from Happy Tails:


I hope she likes it!  And just to show you how special my friend is, she volunteers for an organization called Canine Partners for Life.  They train service dogs for people with disabilities and are seizure-prone, and besides the regular trainers, they use people like Sue who raise and foster puppies to be service dogs. They also use prisoners who train them as well.  It's a pretty cool setup! She brings her dogs to church and sometimes we can hear them as they are napping and dreaming, LOL!  Check it out at their website!

Thanks so much for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Happy Tails (ret), Upon a Star (Lawn Fawn), Greetings (Spellbinders)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Crumb Cake, Real Red
 Ink Real Red, Versafine Black, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Nested Essentials Dies, Dog Punch (ret), Star Stencil (A Color Life Designs), Blending Brush

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, she will love that you included a dog on her birthday card - he's adorable, as are the stars. LOve the kraft and red combination!
=]

Bobby said...

It may have been a quick card but you put a lot of thought into it to make it special for your friend, LeAnne. That dog is adorable and I love the stars with the sentiment. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be!

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like the perfect card for that dog loving friend! The paw prints on the inside are cute!

Nancy said...

Hi LeAnne! I think it looks wonderful and not muted at all. Your dog-loving friend will feel very special receiving it. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday and for using the topping.

Glenda J said...

This is such a darling card LeAnne! So perfect for your dog-loving friend (who sounds like a lovely person). Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday.