Monday, February 5, 2024

SSC328 Tool Time Birthday

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope your weekend went well! I am using the Sunday Stamps sketch today for a birthday card for my nephew, who is turning 30! Yikes! I remember when he was born; we were having one of the worst cold spells I can remember; the roads and driveways were covered with ice and snow for days and days!  Anyway, here's the sketch:


Since he is definitely a mechanically-inclined guy, of course I had to use the Trusty Tools and Trusty Toolbox stamps and papers for his card:


Sometimes I get hung up and limit myself to using only the colors in the DSP, but I strayed here and went with an Azure Afternoon color theme, along with Smoky Slate and Crushed Curry.  Brad does have a BIG blue Ford tractor, so that diamond-plate embossed background piece is a nod to that!  I stamped and diecut the tools, then mounted them on top of three circles from the DSP.  I added a little sentiment from the retired Teeny Tiny Wishes to the wrench:


On the inside, I used a die and stamps from the Hooray for Surprises set; you pull the little tab and there is a sentiment under the circle.  It's a little tricky to get it lined up, but I made a trial run with some scrap supplies, and I think I got it right--we'll see!!  I did also add the numbers, diecut from Little Numbers, in Brushed Silver cardstock:


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. 
 Proverbs 19:20



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hooray for Surprises, Trusty Tools, Teeny Tiny Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Crushed Curry, Azure Afternoon, Azure Afternoon DSP, Trusty Toolbox DSP, Brushed Silver (ret)
 Ink Versafine Black, Azure Afternoon
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Trusty Tools Dies, Hooray for Surprises Dies, Bitty Banners Dies (ret), Litttle Numbers Dies (ret),  Diamond Plate Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)

7 comments:

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a great card you created with this sketch and set! I've been eyeing the Trusty Tools...and good for you for using the Hooray for Surprises. It seemed a bit intimidating to me but I do like the sentiments in that set.

I Card Everyone said...

These tools were bound to come in handy for someone special and it sounds like you found just the right guy and birthday for them, LeAnne! Fantastic!
=]

Heather said...

So super cute LeAnne - love how you snuck in that birthday sentiment on the wrench, lol. So many fun papers in this one! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific guy card, LeAnne! I think your nephew will love it!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun card! Perfect for your nephew!

dj said...

Handy Dandy!! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! You showcased our sketch perfectly with your set of tools...love that your created a masculine take the sketch!!
Deb Horst, DT #SSC328

Annette Elliott said...

LeAnne, what a great way to showcase lots of the Trusty Tools DSP. I love how you added the birthday sentiment to the tool itself. Very nicely done. Thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps! :)