Wednesday, February 21, 2024

AHSC565 Stippled Vellum Roses

Happy Thursday, peeps! Do you ever have an idea in your mind for a card or technique and when you try to execute it, it falls just a little short of your expectations?  That's what happened with this card, but I am sharing in nonetheless, just because I put time into it and it's about 75% okay...not 100%, but I'll go for 75%!  It uses the Atlantic Hearts Sketch for this week, which has banners...I love banners!:


And my idea was to heat emboss the rose from Stippled Roses in white, on vellum.  So here we go:


So my issue with the card is not so much the way the embossing came out...I loved the effect, and I colored the roses themselves on the back side with a Bubble Bath blend.....but my issue was  ADHERING the vellum to the DSP.  What a wrinkly, warped mess! Of course I couldn't use dimensionals because they would show through the vellum, so I used a new-to-me clear glue a little different than what I usually use.  The edges of my diecut began to curl up something fierce, so I ended up adhering them with glue dots, which is probably what I should have used on the whole thing.  Anyway, it's not really noticeable here, but believe me, the top of the card looks a fright.  It was a lesson learned, that's for sure!


At any rate, you can see that I used several different patterns of Bubble Bath DSP as well as a strip of Bubble Bath glimmer paper---hopefully that will draw the recipient's eye away from the wrinkles! I added the birthday sentiment at the bottom; it's from the same set!  

I like the sketch, so I may try again with a different focal point! Thanks for bearing with me today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Stippled Roses
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Vellum, Bubble Bath, Bubble Bath DSP, Bubble Bath Glimmer 
 Ink Bubble Bath, White Craft
Accessories White Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stippled Roses Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, this is a beautiful card with the embossed Vellum. There has got to be something out there that doesn't show. I have tape for Vellum but it is so old, it has turned yellow...ugh! I love all the different pieces of Bubble Bath patterns for your banners. You can save it for my birthday because I love it so much ;-)

Lisa Elton said...

This is frilly, feminine and quite lovely, LeAnne! You know you had me with the polka dots! Maybe some spray adhesive would do the trick? I've used it on larger vellum die cuts and it worked for me.

Karen in Florida said...

WOW!!! WOW!! Your card is gorgeous!!! It's so elegant!

You can attach vellum to cardstock by using the Xyron Adhesive Machine. I just did it
yesterday. Xyron makes a machine with 5" wide adhesive so it will accommodate most die cuts.
The machine is about $35.

ebethk said...

Such a beautiful card. No one but you would notice any “ imperfections”, but I know what you mean. I have only used this once but I did see a tip of using the green glue (Tombow) with a sponge dauber on the back of vellum as an invisible adhesive. As I say, I tried it once, quite a while ago but it may be worth revisiting. Your card has Bubble Bath growing on me!

Alyson Mayo said...

What a beautiful and elegant card with the vellum roses - stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Denise Willerton said...

STUNNING card LeAnne ~ oh vellum ... why are you always so difficult, it's the problem child in our craft studios!!!! did you try applying a thin layer of liquid glue using a sponge! I've used that and it seems to help...somewhat !!! LOVELY LOVELY card!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Glue dots for the win, LeAnne! Heating vellum can always be iffy, right? But I happen to think that you pulled it together beautifully!
=]

Michelle said...

What a pretty card! I love the embossed Vellum. The shades of pink are beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

Linda Callahan said...

I love Bubble Bath! This is gorgeous! And yes vellum is a pain...lol...

Brandi said...

Stunning as always! I always look forward to seeing what you create! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Golden Goddess Designs said...

LeAnne, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love every part of this card. Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts challenge, we appreciate your continued support. Good luck!

Alicia