Monday, February 19, 2024

Celebrate You

Happy Monday, peeps! Just a quick post today; Friday was Dana's birthday and we weren't able to celebrate it with her on the day as she was standing for her best friend at her wedding!  So we got together over the weekend at PF Chang's (no pictures, oops) and had a birthday dinner.  Here's her card; I was experimenting with some "fun fold" techniques:


It uses a 12" piece of DSP (in this case, I used two 6" pieces!), cut to 5 1/4" then scored and folded at 2" and 4" from each end.  The top section on each side is cut from the 4" score down 2" to create a triangle.  The triangles are then flipped over and adhered to the bottom section of the DSP on the inside and folded back and forth to meet in the middle:


I used some Carta Bella's Gather papers for this card, and I covered the "seam" on the inside back with another strip of paper.  It all got adhered to a Blushing Bride mat of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The belly band on the front was stamped with a sentiment from Suite Sayings and the inside sentiment was from Hooray for Surprises, both in the retired Soft Succulent ink:


A fun fold for my sweet daughter!  I am going to enter this over at the Creative Creases Challenge, where they are always looking for fun folds!  Thanks for popping by today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Dana's and Wayne's newlywed friends Billy and Lisa:


What a pretty background for a courthouse wedding!!  They look so happy!  Congratulations!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hooray for Surprises (ret), Suite Sayings (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Blushing Bride (ret), Evening Evergreen (ret), Gather (Carta Bella)
 Ink Soft Succulent (ret)
Accessories
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layering Ovals Dies (ret), Stitched Shapes Dies (ret)

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, I was so excited to see that you entered this beauty in our Creative Creases Challenge. I love the patterned paper and the fold. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

Cheers to the newlyweds, the birthday girl, and to this darling paper used for Dana's sweet birthday pop-up card! Am I wrong or did she say she'd like those mugs?
=]

Bonnie said...

This fun fold made a special birthday card for Dana, LeAnne! A pretty mix of papers!

Karen in Florida said...

Great card, LeAnne! This is a really cute fun-fold! I love the DSP, too!
I'm going to try this...hopefully, I'll be able to keep the print going in the right direction rather than upside down. ha!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love how you used the corners of the gatefold using complementary patterns for the triangles... creative and very pretty. Please share your fun fold with us at Double Trouble, partnering with Creative Crease and be awarded two chances at our random draw. Hope to see you there at: https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2024/02/Challenge-160.html

Tracy Grauer said...

Good job on the fun fold! Amazing, actually, as fun folds kind of scare me! Happy Birthday, Dana and congrats to the newlyweds!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card for Dana! I like the garden papers you used! Congrats to the newlyweds, they DO look happy!

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow, LeAnne! This is a beautiful fun fold card! I love the papers you used. How fun that Dana's friend got married on her birthday! My son got married on my husband's birthday, which was celebrated at the end of the night. It always brings us a good memory each year. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

PS. We'd love to see your beautiful fun fold at Double Trouble as well! We are partners for this challenge and we're both offering prizes!!

Denise Willerton said...

what a fun, fun fold ~ oh what is this called!!! I'll have to give this a go ~ I LOVE this card and LOVE fun folds ~ thank you LeAnne, have a blessed day!!!
Beautiful bride!!

Rae said...

LeAnne.... this is one of my favorite folds. The paper is perfect for a birthday tea or coffee with a friend. Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #76. Hope to see you again soon.

Rae in Reno
Creative Creases DT