Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Let It Snow for Christmas

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I have a Christmas card to share today; it uses the colors from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and the sketch from Atlantic Hearts:


I perused my Christmas papers and most of them are red, green and white! Imagine that!  But I did find some Carta Bella Welcome Winter papers and came up with this:


I cut 1" strips of various prints and plaids for the background, then added a glimmer paper snowflake on the focal panel and added some mittens for the accents, also in glimmer paper:


The sentiments inside and out are from Simon Says Stamp's Christmas Blessings, stamped in Misty Moonlight ink:


I might add this is an appropriate card for me today because after assuring us that the impending winter storm was going to go NORTH of us, we woke up to this:


And it is still snowing! Yay! I can stay inside and enjoy it as I have nowhere to be today!  And it fit perfectly with the Bible verses I was reading as I took this photo:

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the Lord.  "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.  If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land; but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword." For the mouth of the Lord has spoken. Isaiah 1:18-20


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Welcome Winter (Carta Bella), White Glimmer (Close to My Heart)
 Ink Misty Moonlight
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layering Squares Dies (ret), Stitched Snowflake Dies (ret), Christmas Blessings Dies (Simon Says Stamp), Love Mittens Dies (Poppystamps)

10 comments:

Andreja said...

What a beautiful festive card :-)) I like how you take our colours!
Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT ❤️

Alyson Mayo said...

So cute - love the sparkly mittens! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

I Card Everyone said...

You were bound to have some blue Christmas/Winter papers in your stash, LeAnne! These all came together beautifully! LOve the mittens - but please keep the snow!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Great card. I hope we don't get snow again! What kind of tree is that? Perfect Bible verse!!

Dena J said...

Beautiful blues and I love the sparkly mittens :-) What a gorgeous scene outside your window! Stay cozy and warm. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts.

Carol L said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch with that pretty Christmas card. Great combo of blue colors with the snowflake. I love the photo of that tree all covered in white too. Everything looked beautiful for a few hours and it was gone as quickly as it came. Love the bible verse too. Happy Valentine's day.

Bonnie said...

An awesome mix of papers with your snowy card, LeAnne! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photo through your window! The snow on those red berries is so beautiful!

Michelle said...

This is one of the prettiest Christmas cards I've seen! I love the blues and all the patterns. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

Lisa Elton said...

Those little mittens are adorable! Terrific card, LeAnne and pretty picture of the snow!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

great card and those little mittens are the perfect embellishment! thank you for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge as always.

Alicia