Sunday, February 11, 2024

PP676 Color Challenge

 Hi peeps! It's my turn to hostess at the Paper Players this week and I've got a fun color palette for you:


These colors could be used for last-minute Valentines, but I chose to make a birthday card for my college roommate, who happens to love dogs!  Here we go:


Okay, I admit it does look like a Valentine's card, and the images and sentiments are from a Valentine set, but I added a cute birthday sentiment on the inside, so she'll be surprised when she opens it, right?  This little pup was stamped in Versafine Black ink, then colored with markers...look at that little pink nose!  I added a Perennial Postage diecut mat in Bubble Bath, and a little Berry Burst heart, all against a retired Smoky Slate DSP background:


Mary and I have been friends for a very long time...over 50 years!  That's "almost" forever!


And here is the inside, with sentiments and images from Hooray for Surprises; aren't those candles cute?


I sure hope you'll play along with us at the Players this week and show us what you can create with these colors!  Be sure to check out what the Design Team created and then share your creativity with us too!  Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hooray for Surprises, Tiny Treats Valentine (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White Notecard, Berry Burst, Bubble Bath, Smoky Slate DSP (ret)
 Ink Versafine Black, Berry Burst, Bubble Bath
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Perennial Postage Dies, Triple Heart Punch (ret), Blender Pen

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous card - your friend will love it! LeAnn, you don't look old enough to have such a longstanding friendship - seriously! Jo x

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, what a sweet card. That pup is so cute. I love how you made it into a birthday card. It's a perfect surprise. The color challenge appeals to me so I might just have to play if I can get away from Kendra's challenge. She is eating up my craft time...lol!

I Card Everyone said...

All besties born around Valentine's Day are bound to get lots of cards with hearts and flowers - this pup is sure to please! and of course, you know you 'had me' at grey!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute little pup taking center stage on this card! Nicely done with those great colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Well this is just about as cute as it gets! Your friend will love it... I do!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that cute little puppy LeAnne - and I'm sure your old college room mate will too! A fab colour combo for Valentine's or any time - love it!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, what an adorable little puppy! Love the gray plaid and the sweet little hearts. The sentiment is just perfect, too! Such a fun color challenge for all of us this week!

jaydeestamping said...

LeAnne, I love how you used the colors and that little pup is absolutely adorable. Love the plaid, too!
hugs
jaydee

lichazul said...

So cute Puppy, cute card 🤩💐 congrats, have a great day

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! Your friend is going to treasure this card. That little pup is as cute as can be, while the plaid paper is the perfect backdrop. Plaid and Pups...it doesn't get any better than that!