Thursday, February 1, 2024

FMS621 Classic Birthday

Hi there, peeps, Happy Thursday, and happy February!  When I saw the Freshly Made Sketches sketch this week, I almost ran for the hills! But I challenged myself to play along and I am glad I did! Here's the sketch:

And here's how I interpreted it:




He's All That is a nice masculine set that has been sadly neglected in my stamping room, and when I saw this paper in the Trusty Toolbox selection, I thought the classic birthday image would coordinate nicely!  And I am embarassed to say that I have hardly ever used the dies that come with this set, so I was happy to give them some love.  I almost didn't go with the argyle diecut...it is a little busy but I thought it gave my black circles a retro feel! I can remember my mom knitting argyle socks, with all those multi-colored bobbins!  


I carried the circle theme to the inside as well, adding a sentiment from Hooray for Surprises and the #1 image from He's All That:


Since I love Lost Lagoon, this 4 1/4" square card just makes me happy!  Now I just have to wait until November to give this to my special guy, LOL!  Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps He's All That, Hooray for Surprises
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Lost Lagoon, Trusty Toolbox DSP
 Ink Versafine Black, Lost Lagoon
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, All That Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, 3/4" Circle Punch

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Super fun card, LeAnne! Love the color combo and those 3 layered circles! And of course, a square card always makes it more fun! Great job on the challenge!! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, what a great card for a great guy. I love the argyle dies. I've used this set quite a bit so it was a good investment. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, this is so fantastic! LOve the argyle - and would have loved to see your mom's needles in action!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

The argyle is heaps of fun! I think your guy will love this one, LeAnne!

Jen Timko said...

Glad I didn't scare you away with this one. Love all the details on this and the argyle is a great add. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this clean graphic design! So very neat!