Monday, November 1, 2021

Inside Pop-up Fold Card Directions

Happy Monday, peeps!  Fall has certainly fallen here in SE PA!  Brrr!  Mother Nature can't make up her mind as to whether she wants rain or sun!  I had a request from a reader for directions to make this card, but she didn't leave me her email, so I'll do a quick tutorial.  (If you need more detailed instructions, just email me, don't leave it in the comments.)  I needed a 60th anniversary card for a couple at church and decided to use that as my sample; it's pretty basic, no extra stamping, but you should get the idea!  Here's the card to get us started:


And the inside:


So to start, you'll need an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock, scored on the 8 1/2" side at 2 1/8" from each end to create a gate-fold card.  You can decorate the front however you desire.  Take a piece of designer paper that is 4" x 8" and score on the 8" side at 2" and 6".  Make a little pencil mark at the top and bottom of the paper at the 4" mark, which will be at the halfway point.  Score diagonals like this:


You'll be scoring from each outside corner to the opposite halfway pencil mark.  (You'll be making four diagonal scores.) Fold and burnish on all the fold lines.  Pinch the folds at the 2" and 6" mark so they fold towards you, and the center diamond stays to the back:


Now is the time to decorate the diamond panel, BEFORE it's glued down, as well as doing any stamping on the inside top and bottom of your card, if you desire.  I chose not to do any on this card.  For my diamond panel, I stamped some images from Number of Years (ret):


To adhere it to the center of the card, I found it was easier to fold it all together and use liquid glue to adhere JUST the bottom diamond portion to the inside of the card, centering it.  Using the liquid glue allows you to wiggle it around a bit if it's not positioned quite right.


Once that portion is secure, you can adhere the outer triangular shaped panels to the inside of the card sides.  Just make sure, again, that everything is even and nothing is sticking out over the edge of the card.


You can add a decorative panel to the front, just make sure that you only adhere it to one side so that the card can still be opened.  I diecut my numbers from the retired Large Numbers die, and used the Stitched Shapes and Pierced Blooms for my panels.  To hold it shut, I used a ribbon under dimensionals for this card, but my friend Karen used small velcro dots and on my Halloween card, I used small magnets.  Use your imagination!  Hope this was helpful so that you can make your own pop-up card! Thanks for popping by today!  

As a child, I was never into spooky, scary Halloween costumes, but my granddaughter apparently is!  She made her own "zombie soccer player" costume....whatever!  They bought all the pieces at the local Goodwill and she did her own zombie-ing to it!!!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Number of Years (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Misty Moonlight, Harvest Meadow DSP
 Ink Misty Moonlight
Accessories Dimensionals, White Twill Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Pierced Blooms Dies, Large Numbers Dies (ret), Ornate Flowers Embossing Folder, Scoring Tool

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Such a pretty card, LeAnne, and what a fun surprise inside - 60 years? they deserve a really special card like this!
Good job, Ms. C!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Love that DSP - you are so good with those fancy folds! And all that zombieness can't hide the cuteness!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a special card for the happy couple! It's lovely, LeAnne! Great job on your costume, Cassidy!