Tuesday, November 16, 2021

HB to John

Hi there, everyone, happy Tuesday!  Today is John's birthday, so I used my/his favorite sailboat stamp, Sailing Home, to create a card for him!


I stamped the images, colored them with Blends, then diecut them with the Smooth Sailing dies and layered them on some stitched squares of Basic White and Pool Party.  I had a little square of some Tim Holtz DSP that I embossed with the retired Seaside embossing folder; since the paper is thin, it "distressed" the embossing, making it look like ocean waves....at least that's what it looked like to me!


I mounted them on a mat of Basic White that was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder, and I used a sentiment from Best Year, diecut with a Stitched Rectangle die and embellished with a little "banner" diecut with the Tasteful Labels die:


That's it for today---for this week, actually.  I am taking a wee little blog break for a week or so, and should be back next week some time!  I'll miss you all---enjoy your days and be blessed!

"For I am convinced that neither life nor death, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sailing Home, Best Year 
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pool Party, Vintage Christmas DSP (Tim Holtz)
 Ink Memento Black, Night of Navy
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Smooth Sailing Dies, Seaside EF (ret), Stitched Shapes Dies (ret)

11 comments:

Wendy said...

What a fun masculine card, LeAnne! He is going to love this! Love how the embossing folder looks like water and goes perfectly with those sailboats....right up John's alley, too!
Hope you enjoy a few days off from blogging and wish John a happy birthday from Shawn & I! See you back here soon!

Kampin' Karen said...

That is really cool DSP and I love the distressed look. It does looks like waves. He will love his card. Happy birthday, John.

I Card Everyone said...

Happy birthday, John!! [that feels even more fun now that we've had the pleasure of meeting you!]
LeAnne, I'm sure John loved this gorgeous card, and here I thought right away what a genius you were for putting extra pressure so those 'waves' would happen! Well done - it was kismet!
=]
[heading for MD for dinner?]

Kathy said...

Great card for a guy, I'm sure your husband will love it! Well made and the colors are so calming, as water should be, love that EB from SU

Lisa Elton said...

Happy Birthday wishes to John, I hope he had an incredible day!! I know he had an incredible card, those waves are FUN!!

R's Rue said...

This is so beautiful.

Linda Callahan said...

Happy Birthday to John! Love his sailboat card!

Denise Willerton said...

LeAnne ~ I love John's Birthday card!!! ~ have a great day John and Happy Happy day to you!!!

Patricia said...

It's also one of my favorite stamps. I love how you did John's card. Happy Birthday to him.

Conniecrafter said...

Like the sailboat images and the embossing is just great with them!

Greta said...

Love the distressed waves--great card!