Sunday, November 28, 2021

PP569 Warm Winter Wishes

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Time for a new Paper Players challenge, with the amazing Anne Marie bringing us a marvelous sketch today!  Check it out:


I LOVE this sketch....I can't wait to make a few more cards using it!  What a great way to use up some odds and ends of DSP, right?  I just got a cute new Close to My Heart stamp set, so I paired it up with some My Mind's Eye Winterberry papers and here's what I came up with:


I stamped my little snowman scene in Cherry Cobbler ink and diecut it out, then mounted it on another circle on which I had stamped some really teeny tiny snowflakes!  The embossing panel from the Stitched Snowflakes dies has some teeny tiny embossed snowflakes as well, so I punched them out with a 1/4" circle punch and sprinkled them around!  After adding some snowy glitter, I mounted it on a scallop of Evening Evergreen and mounted it on my card:


I had planned to put this little banner on the front but couldn't quite make it work, so I added it to the inside; the sentiment is from an old Whippersnapper set called Winter Schminter!


I hope you'll play along with our sketch this week!  I'm willing to bet you'll love it as much as we do!  Check out what the other designers created while you're sharing yours over at the Paper Players!  Thanks for popping in today!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Wonderland (Close to My Heart), Winter Schminter (Whippersnapper), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Evening Evergreen, Naturals White (ret), Winterberry DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Cherry Cobbler
Accessories Ice Glitter (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Snowflakes Dies, 1/4" Circle Punch (ret), Wonderland Dies (CTMH), Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Banner Dies (Nestabilities)

14 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

This really is a great sketch and I can't wait to play. I love the name of your sentiment...Winter Schminter...and the font. You have such a great stash of papers and stamps.

I Card Everyone said...

Darling! yes, it is the perfect time to use up some patterned paper, and you always have the cutest!
Winter Schminter, indeed, LeAnne - have you gotten snow yet? Our ground is covered from the snow we got day after Thanksgiving! ugh.
=]

Nancy said...

I fell in love with this sketch too, LeAnne! I see more cards in my future as well. Love the mix of papers and the snowman scene you created! Enjoy your day!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is the perfect trio of papers for those sections LeAnne - they co-ordinate beautifully and the contrasting green add to the festive feel. We have had our first winter snow here today - not quite enough to build a snowman, but still so early!

Carol L said...

That's a great sketch for using up snippets to make cute cards, and that little snowman with the whimsical trees is all cuteness! Fun card!

laurie said...

Cute lil snowman and such fun background paper!I went Christmas too.

Lisa Elton said...

What a CUTE little snowman and a delightful mix of papers! Darling card, LeAnne!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet snowman and pretty mix of holiday paper!

Kim S said...

I love that cute little scene in the center of all of the classic red/white papers!

Amanda Mertz said...

Love these papers! The prints are so cute and so perfect with that snowman!I really like how you cut the snowman and then popped him onto the circle; perfect for smaller images! have a great week!

Ann Schach said...

Such a sweet card, LeAnne! This image is adorable! A perfect mix of patterns!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Debbie Crowley said...

LeAnne, this card is beautiful, festive and fun! Love your patterns and your little snowman steals the show!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a fun and festive card! Love the mix of patterns and that little snowman is the cutest! SMILE! Have a great weekend, My Friend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a sweet card, LeAnne! That adorable snowman image is so stinking cute. Thanks for rocking my sketch this week! Hugs!