Sunday, October 31, 2021

PP565 Thankful Tic Tac Toe

 Happy Sunday, peeps!  Happy Halloween, too!  And time for a new Paper Players challenge with the amazing Ann as our hostess!  She's got a fun tic-tac-toe grid for us all this week:

I ticked off quite a few of these boxes on my card today!  My main focus was the right column down of die cut, leaves/pumpkins and embellishments, but I also have stitching, patterned paper and twine!  Check it out:


I started with the Just Add Ink sketch:

I wanted to use this wonderful fall embossing folder, so I embossed a piece of Very Vanilla with it, then added some Bumblebee cardstock, cut with first a Cozy Cup Coaster die from the Greetery.  I trimmed it down with a Stitched Shapes square die, then used the circle dies from the same set for my Harvest Meadow DSP and Very Vanilla, on which I mounted my little watercolored pumpkin and leaves!


To make my pumpkin, I swooshed some Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron inks on a piece of watercolor paper, then diecut them with an Impression Obsession die.  The Old Olive leaves are from the Seasonal Swirls dies, and the sentiment is from Sparkle of the Season, diecut with an Ornate Frames die and embellished with a retired Candy Dot!  Oh, and I added some Old Olive Linen Thread to my pumpkin for fun!  I really enjoyed making this card and I rarely use yellow hues, so I was happy to challenge myself to use Bumblebee, which is really a nice fall color!

I hope you'll play with our tic-tac-toe grid, they're always fun!  Check out what the DT created over at the Paper Players blog....then share yours with us too!  Thanks for popping in today! 

I took these a couple weeks ago....it's getting too cold for them now! I just love those big eyes, LOL!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sparkle of the Season
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Watercolor, Bumblebee, Old Olive, Harvest Meadow DSP
 Ink Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals, Candy Dot (ret), Old Olive Linen Thread (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Ornate Frames Dies, Seasonal Swirls Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Pumpkin Dies (Impression Obsession), Cozy Cup Coaster Die (The Greetery), Autumn EF (Cuttlebug)

22 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I love the EF and dies you used to create this beauty! What a great photo of the praying mantis. Too bad they eat humming birds!! I still remember the first time I saw a praying mantis. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy to see your friend again, LeAnne! He really must know you to allow this closeup!
Embrace that yellow! It's fantastic - as is your darling little pumpkin!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a great card, LeAnne! I love that fall embossing folder, great fall colors and what a fun use of the tic tac toe grid!

Cindy Beach said...

LeAnne, your creativity always amazed me! I love how you combined stamps, papers and dies and made the gorgeous pumpkin too! That's a wonderful EF too, and I should try those more often. Your cards are always masterfully designed even though the fit several challenges. LOVE.

Denise Willerton said...

such a sweet card LeAnne ~ I love the embossing folder, paired with all the die cuts!!! I'm hoping to play along with some challenges this week ~ TFS, have a wonderful day xo ((hugs))

Ann Schach said...

What a perfect fall card, Leanne! This embossing folder is amazing. I love the Bumblebee papers, and the gorgeous pumpkin. Thank you for making my challenge shine. Have a wonderful week!

Claire Broadwater said...

I just love this gorgeous card! The embossed background and the beautiful watercolored pumpkin is fabulous! This card just makes me smile! Happy Halloween, My Friend!

Nancy said...

LeAnne, This card is so wonderful! I absolutely adore the color of the pumpkin and that great EF background! Your cards are always perfectly executed! I love the pics too!

Carol L said...

This card is just stunning, and I love how that pumpkin is colored! Great embossing and die-cuts too! Happy Halloween, and I love the mantis pics!!

Bonnie said...

I love this embossing, LeAnne! So perfect for a Fall card! Love the colors of the paper too and that sweet pumpkin!

Jaydee said...

OK... let's talk about the Mantis! What a cutie and what a great shot you got of him! Now, your card is fabulous. I love the stitched mat (one of my favorite Greetery sets) and your pumpkin is awesome. I am also in love with that fabulous embossing folder. Another amazing LeAnne creation
hugs
jaydee

Lisa Elton said...

Bumblebee does look like a wonderful fall yellow, this is lovely!

Lorraine said...

Love how you colored that pumpkin. Great colors and layout. We've had mantis hanging out by our back door for the last couple of days. He was on the door today - I think he wants in.

Nikki Spencer said...

Just lovely LeAnne. Your textures and patterns compliment beautifully. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Linda Callahan said...

I love this - great colors!

Amanda Mertz said...

So much wonderful texture and pattern on this card! I love it all. But most of all I love that beautifully colored pumpkin! It's just such a fun color and paired with the Bumblebee it's perfect! Have a lovely week!

Chantell Randall said...

Lovely card - the texture in the embossing is so prominent - I really want to feel it! Lovely colours. Chantell Just Add Ink

laurie said...

I just love that embossing folder..so perfect for fall. Your card design is awesome!

ColourmehappyDi said...

I love all the texture & interest you've included with the embossing & stitching, LeAnne, and the little pumpkin looks so sweet. Thanks for choosing to use the JAI challenge sketch. You nailed it.
Di

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the fresh colours on today's card LeAnne but the background embossing folder is the real scene-stealer - just fabulous!

Debbie Crowley said...

You really did check off most of the boxes with this perfectly simple design, LeAnne! I love the adorable twine bow on your pumpkin. It's the perfect touch for such a beautiful card.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous photos of the mantis. Wow!! Now, your card...haha. I just love all of the fun textures on your card from the embossed backgrounds to the stitched details. Your coloring on the pumpkin is gorgeous, too.