Tuesday, November 2, 2021

GDP316 Case the Designer

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  I am playing along with the Global Design Project today, which is to CASE the designer Stesha! 


Wow, the original card was just beautiful and I was inspired by the colors and the nature theme, so I went with that, using the Poinsettia Petals for my Christmas card! Here we go:

I started by running a piece of Merry Merlot through the Timeworn Type embossing folder, then distressing it a bit and actually separating it into two layers so it would be thinner to layer on my Crumb Cake card.  I stamped images from Poinsettia Petals, coloring my flower with a Blend and adding a gold foil center, then stamping & diecutting leaves from Garden Green and Soft Seafoam.  It still looked a little bare, so I added some berries, stamped in Crumb Cake and some Glimmer paper greenery and berries as well.  It all went on a circle of Crumb Cake.


I stamped a sentiment from Christmas to Remember on a strip of Crumb Cake, embossed it with the same folder and also separated it so make it flexible so I could pop it up a bit.  The final addition was a little Linen Thread bow.  I usually do things a little more clean, but I do love vintage and distressing, so this was fun to make as well!  I appreciate your popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas to Remember, Poinsettia Petals, Quiet Meadow, Sparkle of the Season
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Soft Seafoam, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Merry Merlot, Gold Foil, Glimmer Papers (ret)
 Ink Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Soft Seafoam, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
Accessories Dimensionals, Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Timeworn Type EF, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Poinsettia Dies, Pretty Pines Dies

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous!!!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne you really mastered this CASE! and knew exactly when to say when! Love the rustic look of that embossed Merlot paper!
Now why didn't I come home with a spool of that linen thread?? I just love it!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is so wonderfully traditional! Lots o lovely layers and a whole lot of pretty!

Lorraine said...

Wow, you did wonderful justice to that inspiration. Your card is a beauty in itself.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous CASE - I don't think I've made a poinsettia card yet this season! Beautiful.

Kampin' Karen said...

Perfect, pretty poinsettia!