Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Sending a Smile for GDP304

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Is it hot where you are?  It's hot here!  I think we'll hit the pool today!  Before we run off, I have a fun card that I made for the Global Design Project, which is to CASE the designer!  Here's their inspiration:


What a fun design!  I had been toying around with this technique a little while ago and never finished my project, so I began again in earnest!  I cut strips of DSP to 1/2" widths, glued them together on a scrap of white paper, then turned them around 90° and cut them again in 1/2" widths so I had little strips that looked like quilt blocks.  It was an easy thing to reposition and glue them again on another piece of scrap paper, then cut out my circle!  So here we go:


I used scraps of Sweet Symmetry for this card and a mat of Night of Navy; it went on a panel of Basic White, embossed with the Dots embossing folder, and I added a sentiment from Many Messages and a bow of White Crinkled Seam Binding.  It all went on a Just Jade base.


This is such a fun technique!  I will definitely be giving this a try again!  Thanks for visiting today!

A little fishing outing with Wayne!  They didn't catch anything but they had fun!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Many Messages
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Night of Navy, Just Jade, Sweet Symmetry DSP
 Ink Night of Navy
Accessories White Crinkled Seam Binding, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Dots Embossing Folder, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Circles Dies (ret), Messages Die

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Love this card, LeAnne! I just recently did a case of a card done like this and loved the outcome! I wanna try it again with different dsp! Love the paper you used on yours and the circle diecut! Definitely a super fun card! TFS Enjoy your day at the pool! It's disgusting outside...

Kampin' Karen said...

This is spectacular. Maybe I will become a quilter. Great pic of Cassidy and Wayne. TFS.

Laurel said...

This is beautiful!

Tracy Grauer said...

What a neat technique! Love your card!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne you would be a fabulous quilter! You are amazing at choosing coordinating 'fabrics!' So pretty!
=]

Carol L said...

What a fantastic way to use up dsp! Love that quilted look! Great pics of Cassidy. Wayne and that bridge! Phoenixville has a covered bridge like that that's been destroyed by trucks too big to pass through. It was just fully restored in 2018 and now permanently closed as someone destroyed it again just a couple weeks ago. Love the pics of Cassidy and Dana from a previous post too. Her expression is priceless in anticipation of the surprise she made for her mommy! have a great week ahead!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your pretty little quilt, this is charming!