Sunday, August 1, 2021

PP552 By The Seaside and a Tip

Happy Sunday, peeps! Happy AUGUST!  Whoa, how did that happen? The summer is zipping by!  Time for a new Paper Players challenge!  Joanne is our hostess with the theme of Beside the Seaside!  Since I just used my sailboats last week, I decided to go in a bit of a different direction this week!

 

Did you know that SU has kits that are only on their website?  I must have been asleep when they passed out that info!  Anyway, this kit is called A Little Smile, and it comes in a sweet wee box just like Paper Pumpkin!  I only used the stamps on this particular card, but there are LOTS of fun embellishments (like glimmer paper starfishes!) and diecuts!  So here we go with my seaside-themed card:

I used Judy's sketch from FMS:

just stamping the panels with the stamps from the set!  The coral was stamped with Poppy Parade; the starfish and sand dollars were stamped with Crumb Cake and So Saffron, with some speckles from Quiet Meadow added for "sand":


And I stamped the watery stamp (at least that's what it looks like to me) in Balmy Blue, then added a sentiment from the same set, stamped in Early Espresso and diecut with a Tailor Made tag die, then tied with some Linen Thread:


And here's a little tip:  my customers and I both were occasionally having some issues getting some of the more detailed stitched dies out of the metal die.  I found if you put a piece of waxed paper between the stamped image and the die before running it through the Big Shot, it pops out BEAUTIFULLY!  Woohoo! Finally, on the inside, I stamped another sentiment from the set and some starfish:


The Paper Players team has some amazing samples using Joanne's theme, so be sure to check them out at the PP blog!  There's lots of summer left, so I hope you'll be inspired to create something and share it with us there!  Thanks for popping by today!

Still continuing with my birthday greetings!  This amazing creation is from Fran; it features a water lily and a "ruby", which are July birthday flowers and gems!


This brilliant card is from Martha....those flowers are washi tape!


And this glittery creation is from my Paper Player teammate from across the pond, Joanne!


Thanks, ladies!

Cassidy has been at soccer camp this past week, so I haven't seen her much!  Here she is enjoying some miniature golf while on vacation!  We'll be back to our regular schedule this week!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



17 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the different seaside patterns and textures on each of your panels LeAnne - and the sentiment tag tied with twine is the perfect finishing touch. I love that sentiment too - that's a really unusual one but so useful too. I'm so glad your birthday card arrived safely - hope you had a wonderful day! I love seeing the lovely cards you received - I particularly like Martha's floral washi tape creation on today's showcase!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi LeAnne! I love your hand-stamped papers! That bottom right looks jus like our old pool liner - so yes, I see water, too! So darling!
=]

Ann Schach said...

What a bright and fun card, LeAnne! Great color choices for the cheery panels. Stamping the sentiment on a tag is a cute idea. Have a wonderful week!

laurie said...

Love the fun patterns and stamping! Perfect for the challenge. Hope you had a fun birthday!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the fresh, seaside images you used to create the stamped panels! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

Julia Aston said...

Such a pretty mix of colors on your sea images! Can't believe how Cassidy has grown!

Celeste Goff said...

Love your gorgeous beachy card! The layout is fabulous and I love the inked panels!

Nancy said...

LeAnne, First, Happy Belated Birthday! I hope it was a good one. My favorite part of my birthday is opening the cards from Stampin friends. I sometimes wait to open them all on my Birthday as it makes the celebration so much better. Then I display them for the rest of the month. I adore your beach-themed card. I love how you divided the panels and made them so different from one another. The added twine is a perfect match to the starfish! Excellent card!

Lisa Elton said...

You made my evening special with this pretty card!

Amanda Mertz said...

I love the blocked panels to show off each of the different seaside themed stamps! I knew about the online kits but I must have missed this one! The images are really cute! Hope you have a great week!

Linda Callahan said...

Your stamped panels are perfect! Pretty card! And Emma loves miniature golf too!

Kim S said...

I love all the stamped patterns you created!

Debbie Crowley said...

LeAnne, I absolutely love your seaside collage. The bright colors, not to mention the perfect sentiment, make this card such a happy one. It made me smile. Hope you're enjoying your week.

Ida said...

What a fun and cheery looking card. I must have missed seeing that kit, best go back and take another look.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I am in love with these colors - and the papers you created. What a wonderful bold, graphic card. Guaranteed to bring a smile. Another fabulous card, my friend
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty LeAnne! Love the pop of color on the clean layout. So pretty!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, I just adore this stamped panels! Such a fun card and great sketch to showcase the panels! The sentiment stamped on the tag is so clever and the twine adds so much texture! Just WOW! I love it!