Saturday, August 7, 2021

Fall Farmhouse Thanks

Hi there peeps!  Happy Saturday!  Hope you have some fun things planned this weekend!  Ours is planned to be QUIET!! I got most of my chores out of the way yesterday so I have a free day. YAY!  I know I keep gushing about all the new goodies in the holiday catalog, I just can't help it.  Today I am sharing a card that uses several new goodies!  Check it out:


The wreath and pumpkin dies are from Seasonal Swirls; originally I had stamped a bunch of leaves from the Sparkle of the Season stamp, but when I diecut the wreath, I thought it looked better "bare"!  I colored the leaves on the wreath with Blends and Markers, then diecut pumpkins from Pumpkin Pie and Mango Melody cardstocks, adding some shading to give them some depth.  I mounted the wreath on a stitched panel from the Stockings die which was embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.  Before embossing, I stamped the "thank you" from Little Delights.  Then I adhered ALL of it on a panel of Tidings of Christmas DSP and a Basic White card, and embellished it with some black & white gingham ribbon....LOVE it!


This went out in the mail to a customer, but I might just have to make another one, I loved it so much!  I also think I'll add it to the Just Us Girls challenge this week, which is "Harvest"! 

Thanks for popping in today!

I have a confession to make; yesterday I was rather grumpy doing my chores.  I really wanted to be in my stamp room, or at the pool, or anywhere other than where I was.  One of my chores was to chop and freeze about 2 dozen gypsy peppers from the garden.  I was really having a pity party for myself when I cut the top off one of the peppers and saw this:


Now, how can one be grumpy when a smiling pepper appears on your cutting board?  It did make me feel better!!!  Plus, I got one more birthday card in the mail yesterday too, from my friend Teri.  She said it was inspired by my farmhouse kitchen!  She nailed it!  It made me feel better too:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit." Proverbs 15:13

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Little Delights
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, Tidings of Christmas DSP
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals, Black and White Gingham Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, Seasonal Swirls Dies, Stocking Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Tasteful Textile  EF, Blends and Markers in seasonal colors

15 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the smiling pepper almost as much as your card - sometimes it’s the little things that turn your day around! Just ordered some of that gorgeous ribbon - completely missed it first time around!

Wendy said...

Love, love, love! My Sparkle of the Season set just arrived this week and can't wait to play! Love your card from that gorgeous wreath to the colorful leaves & ribbon! The embossed panel gives your card lots of texture! Super pretty, LeAnne! Enjoy your Saturday....I am washing bedsheets and hanging out on the line today and hopefully stamping!

Vickie said...

Love your Seasonal Swirl card…clean and simple…very sweet LeAnne

Kampin' Karen said...

Loved your card and Teri's! That gingham ribbon is worth drooling over...and the pepper...how cute is that to be met with a smiley face. Thank you for being my 69th follower. That was the year Perry and I got married and it was the number of my son's fire truck. Have a blessed day. I know I'm off to make another Christmas card!

I Card Everyone said...

My husband said: you know it's gonna get better when your veggies smile at you! This from a guy who wouldn't eat a pepper if I paid him to! Ha!
Darling new fall goodies, LeAnne - LOve your wreath - bare, it looks like a grapevine wreath!
=]

Bonnie said...

Wow! Love this wreath with the pumpkins. I need to get a look at this catalog.

Tracy Grauer said...

Love this card! You nailed it! And smiling peppers...makes me smile! Have a great weekend!

Joan V said...

Darling card!

Carol L said...

All the colors and textures work so well together, and I just love that background paper too! Those smiling peppers are too cute and what a fun way to turn around your day! Have fun with your new goodies :)

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful card LeAnne! I had passed by all the things you used and have not really been feeling it with this mini. I just needed a bit of encouragement it seems!! The smiling pepper is exactly what I needed to see too :) Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

I'm not ready for fall just yet, but this card sure is fabulous! Sorry about your chores, but what a FUN discovery!

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... gorgeous as always. So many wonderful touches and beautiful coloring. Thank you so much for sharing at Just Us Girls!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable - love those sweet pumpkins! And the smiling pepper is a definite pick me up!

Ina G said...

Fabulous card LeAnne. Lovely wreath and those pumpkins so cute. Love the textured paper. Thanks for sharing wit us at Just Us Girls this week.

Bobby said...

The wreath is beautiful with just a few fall leaves on it, LeAnne. I love the texture on the banner behind the pumpkins. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.