Monday, August 16, 2021

LRW614 Under the Sea

Happy Monday, peeps!  I needed a couple of thank you/friendship cards, and I recently got some of SU's Pearlescent paper, so I thought I'd give it a whirl!  The Little Red Wagon challenge is Under the Sea, so I got out my Seashells embossing folder and went to work!


First, let me say that this card looks better in real life than this photo shows!  It's really hard to capture the pearly sheen!  The paper is lightweight, and it embosses like a dream, but you can't stamp on it with regular ink unless you heat it or let it dry a long time.  I haven't tried heat embossing on it, but that would probably work too. It's gorgeous just on its own but I got the idea of coloring it with Blends, and that seemed to work!  Depending on the way the light hits it, you do need to be conscious of your brush strokes, as my big orange shell looked great one way and when I turned it in a different direction, it looked a little sloppy.  The raised areas absorb more ink so they come out a bit darker.  Play with it to see how it works for you!  I stamped a sentiment on Very Vanilla and diecut it out, then added another little embossed and colored shell:


It looked elegant on a Very Vanilla card base and once I adhered it, it was done!  For a trial run, I was happy with it!  Now they'll be going out in the mail! Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy will be eleven tomorrow....she can't get her learner's permit until she's sixteen, so I think she's pushing it a bit here:


She'll have to have Wayne teach her how to drive stick shift, though!!!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friends are Like Seashells
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Pearlescent Specialty
 Ink Pale Papaya
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Seaside Seashells, Dies, Pierced Blooms Dies, Seashells Embossing Folder, Blends

6 comments:

Carol L said...

This is so soft and pretty with those lightly colored shells! Beautifully created! Happy birthday to Cassidy too! Blink your eyes and she'll be driving - mark my words!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm seeing that sheen just perfectly, LeAnne! It's beautiful, as is your card - and that sentiment!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Love that paper! This is gorgeous! And Miss C will be 16 before you know it!

Lisa Elton said...

I see the shimmer and it's wonderful! Pretty card, LeAnne!

Lorraine said...

It's absolutely beautiful. Love the pearly sheen. I cannot believe she'll be 11. Time goes by too fast with the little ones.

Chrissy said...

Your shells and their pearly glimmer are beautiful, gorgeous card..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx