Thursday, August 26, 2021

IB184 Holiday Penguin

Hi there, stamping friends!  It's time for a fun new Inspired By challenge...and we're still doing our optional Christmas inspiration!  Check these out:

 

I had just the right stamp set in mind for my little penguin card, and although I didn't use the colors in either challenge photo, I still went with a Christmas theme:


I used the sketch from Global Design Project:



along with some papers from Authentique, a snowflake from SU, a sentiment from Verve, and my penguin is from Clearly Besotted.  His hat is from Right at Home, stamped in Just Jade, and I added little dots with a white gel pen:


My snowflake uses the new Stitched Snowflake dies, and it was cut from some retired SU glimmer paper.  The inside featured a sentiment from My Favorite Things (I gave lots of stamps lot of love on this one!)


We also had an optional sketch (which you can see on the IB blog), but I chose not to use that!  Thanks so much for popping in today!  And be sure to check out what the DT created...seriously, there is some major talent over there and they'd love to have you play along!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps In Stitches: Christmas (Clearly Besotted), Seasonal Sentiments (My Favorite Things), Joyous Noel (Verve), Winter Mittens (Right at Home)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Just Jade, Alpine DSP (Authentique), Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Just Jade, Pool Party, Memento Black, Mango Melody
Accessories Dimensionals, Glimmer Brad (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Snowflake Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, White Gel Pen

8 comments:

Carol L said...

I love all the stitching on this cute penguin card, and the colors are wonderful! It has a cooling effect with all the snow and we can sure use it in this heat wave!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne I am amazed that only one of us used that adorable rug as our inspiration this week! Maybe you all left it for me? It is grey, after all!
LOving the papers, and colors you've chosen for your sweet little holiday penguin!
=]
ps you hadn't linked your card - so I did it for you - hope you hadn't done that on purpose? xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your winter penguin is so cute LeAnne and I love the jade details! Both of those photos this week are fab - I am going to have to play along, maybe even twice lol!

Bonnie said...

This is a super cute penguin, LeAnne! Love his hat!

Lisa Elton said...

What a little cutie and I love her polka dot hat! This is darling, LeAnne!

Danni Reid said...

Oooooh I love this card! I love that you used those gorgeous colors, I love he design and that CUTE penguin!!

Linda Callahan said...

Well now this guy is adorable! So cute for the holidays!

Silke Ledlow said...

Sooooooo cute! Love this penguin image :) ...such a fun Christmas card!