Thursday, August 12, 2021

IB182 Sparkle

Happy Thursday, everyone!  Time for a new Inspired By challenge....here are BOTH of the prompts!  You can choose to do a holiday-themed one or a Mickey-inspired birthday one, whichever tickles your fancy! And we have an optional sketch too! 



Well, I just fell in love with those cookies....they're almost too cute to eat!  I was inspired by that little red and white snowflake one down in the right-hand corner.....they inspired me to use my new Stitched Snowflakes dies!  So here we go:


I almost used the sketch, but these elements are much bigger than the ones in the sketch, but I did stick to three!  Each snowflake was diecut from some glimmer paper, then mounted on a Real Red stitched circle and embellished with a black rhinestone:


I also embossed the front panel with the snowflake EF from the Wintry set...I love the designs in it!  Finally, my little sentiment is from a retired set called Good Greetings; it was stamped and diecut with the tag from the Stockings die, and I did add a little sparkly mat under it that I hand-cut!


These snowflakes are just gorgeous!  And I hope you'll find some gorgeous inspiration from our Inspired By photos this week too!  Mickey Mouse is a fun theme for lots of occasions....can't wait to see what you create!  So happy you popped in today!

A couple weeks ago, Cassidy went rock climbing with her younger cousins:


Here's a shot that will give you a  better perspective:


Yikes!  Thanks, but no thanks!  Where she gets her daredevil streak is beyond me!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."  Ephesians 4:29


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Good Greetings (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Sparkle Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Rhinestones (colored with a Black Blend), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Snowflake Dies, Stockings Dies, Wintry Embossing Folder, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret)

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

MICKEY! What great inspiration and you devoured that cookie!! Rock climbin...no thank you!!!

Linda Callahan said...

First of all Yeow Cassidy did great! Second of all those cookies look scrumptious! And third of all your cars is perfect! Those flakes will be flying before we know it….even if it is 95 today!

Lorraine said...

That red and white combination makes a stunning card with those sweet snowflakes.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne these new snowflakes are just gorgeous! What a pretty way to build from that Sketch, and I'm loving the red & white!
=]

Silke Ledlow said...

LeAnne, your Christmas card is beautiful! Love your take on the sketch and challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, what pretty snowflakes, they make great 'cookies'! Love the background too. WOWEE Cassidy is a brave one. I don't know where they get it either. Penelope went zip-lining a couple of weeks ago... she's 6!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You have put these snowflakes on my shopping list (and just as I was telling myself I really didn't need any more lol!) but that inspo photo this week makes this Mickey fan feel I am going to have to play along!