Sunday, January 22, 2012

Paper Players 79

DSCF2089-1

This will be a quick post today, as I am hosting my Hostess Appreciation party for my club girls!  I am so looking forward to spending time with my friends!  Today, Jaydee is our hostess for the Paper Players, and she has a clean and simple challenge:

I went really CAS on this one:

PP79-LeAnne

We were using the Creative Elements set last week at club and one of the stampers remarked at how nicely the flower fit the top of the scalloped tag from Two Tags…..it was a real “wow” to me!  So I took that idea and made my birthday tag using other elements from that set, as well as Elementary Elegance, stamped on  the Pink Pirouette tag in Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose.  Here’s a closeup:

DSCF2092

I added a little watercolored shading around the edges of the image, and then embellished my tag with a 3D flower:

DSCF2091

The sentiment is also from Elementary Elegance.  The background is Patterns DP in Regal Rose & Pink Pirouette. 

I actually had made another tag card the day before, using a premade tag that had been sitting on my desk for ages (one of my New Year’s resolution---finish the projects on my desk!) and embossed hearts:

DSCF2093-1

I just didn’t like it as much as my PP one!  Thanks for visiting today and I hope you can share your CAS tag creation with us over at the Paper Players blog!

DSCF2073

17 comments:

Kim S said...

The flower at the top fits perfectly! It's beautiful!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty CAS card. Love the pinks and the way you did the tag. Great job. TFS

Patti said...

Visions in pink. Beautiful cards. My favorite is the first one.

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty in pink for sure! That flower is perfect on the tag~! And there's someone looking just as pretty in purple :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

LeAnne WOW I LOVE this tag! What a great tip to know the flower fits that that! Thanks for sharing. YOUR tag is GORGEOUS. Love the colors and background stamping is fabulous! hugs.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness that's so pretty. It may be "CAS" but it's gorgeous. I'm a sucker for anything pink, and you definitely hit the mark for me! Thanks for sharing.

Carol Lucas said...

I like both of your cards but the happy birthday one is spectacular. I love all the different shades of pink and your DSP to match. Wonderful!

Betty Benton said...

CAS beautiful -- the shades of pink are lovely! I like the contrast of the horizontal and vertical stripes!

Pam~ said...

I have been all about pink lately, so your card is right up my alley and it is GORGEOUS! I love the simplicity of it!

Nance Leedy said...

What a fabulous idea! Love the way that flower fits into the top--genius! As always, beautiful collage stamping!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Dear LeeAnn! Hello from Russia.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Pretty in pink, without a doubt, LeAnne! I am trying really had NOT to want that set but somehow it's becoming hard to resist. Love how the stripes in the DSP are positioned in different directions. Awesome detail, as always!

Love the heart tag, too! That sounds like a good resolution...I think I'm going to try to follow your lead on that one. A clean desk would be a great accomplishment. Look at that chilly cutie-pie with her fabulous accessories. I want that hat! :)

Debbie Henderson said...

I love both of your tags. I like the way the flower fits perfectly at the top of the "two tags" tag. Beautiful.

LeAnne, when you get a minute can you send me an email on how you do your hostess appreciation. I've never had one and would like ideas!

deb_henderson@hotmail.com

Linda Fisher said...

BOTH tag creations are knockout's! Love your creativity for sure!

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

I really love your cards! The pink one is my favorite. Love your use of the dsp. Your granddaughter is a cutie, too!

Cindy Beach said...

Every time I see one of your cards, it's a WOW! I LOVE your style! This is a beauty.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Your granddaughter is so adorable - I love to see the pictures you share with us.
Your pink card here is gorgeous. You inspire me to use this tag die more often. Using the flower from Creative Elements is perfect on this tag.