Friday, January 13, 2012

CTD174 & FMS17

DSCF0570

I have neglected my dear friends at the Color Throwdown for way too long, and when I saw their color challenge this week, I knew I had to play:

I just love that they have inspiration images!  I also used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch #17:

FMS17

to make my thank you card:

DSCF0568

I flipped the sketch so my Young Vermillion wasn’t looking off into space!  He was stamped on watercolor paper in Stazon, then colored (I am on a watercoloring kick lately) with an aquapainter  in Soft Suede and Daffodil Delight, then mounted with dimensionals on a piece of Soft Sky that I stamped with some images from French Foliage:

DSCF0569

I actually stamped the bird on the Soft Sky panel as well so I didn’t have to cut out his little feet!!  Isn’t he sweet?  The River Rock card base is also stamped with the Weathered BG stamp. Thanks for visiting today!

This is what happens when you’re stamping and not watching your DGD in the next room:

DSCF0580

Diapers everywhere!  Check out the guilty look!

18 comments:

Rita W said...

LOL That look on her face is priceless. :) Great card! I love your watercoloring; it looks gorgeous on that cute birdie.

Linda Callahan said...

Your coloring is wonderful! And stamping the bird on the background for those 2 tiny feet is genius!

Lesley said...

Yes, that look is priceless. This card is beautiful LeAnne!

Bonnie said...

I love, love, love how you painted this bird and the whole layout! Ingenious way to keep from having to cut the feet out. I'll remember that. Your DGD is adorable. She looks like she's saying, "hey, who did this?"

theresa said...

The card is beautiful! I have been eyeing that bird stamp and wondering...do I need it? Yes I do!!! And your DGD is so precious...such beautiful blue eyes! Love your blog!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the card, but my favorite is really the guilty look photo (oh I have a few of those in my collection, "who me? with pasta all over the kitchen floor).

barb mann said...

LeAnne - This is great! Love the ribbon for the layers and the background for the bird. Nice do on the sketch!

Broni said...

Well, it's about time!! LOL! I'm SO GLAD to see you back here playing along and thankful that you liked my color choices! Your watercolored bird is fabulous! I love how his bright color just screams springtime!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and coloring. I've been wondering what to do with that stamp! Priceless "guilty" look!! Guilty, because of the room mess or because she needed a diaper?

Linda said...

Oh this is a wonderful bird. You did an amazing job.
Oh the picture of Cassidy is wonderful. Caught in the act. Did she say Pumpkin did it? Maybe she is ready to give them up.

Carol L said...

I love that subtle stamping on the background, so pretty! Love that expression on Miss C's face too :) Adorable!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card LeAnne. I love it. The coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year....

Denise Willerton said...

I love this card too LeAnne...you're creating up a storm here along with Cassidy :-) I do have some bird stamps, and I've been tooooo intimidated to play with them...you inspire me! And I'm so excited to play along with this sketch too ~ have a fabulous day *hugs*

Marlena M. said...

Awwww, that face. I'd have to bite my cheek to keep a stern look. So sweet.

I love your watercoloring-gorgeous card Leanne. ;)

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card your watercolouring is fabulous.

Linda Fisher said...

You can always learn something new following your blog! Thank you for sharing them all! Love your coloring, stamping and your little feet trick! AWE, Cassidy didn't mean to make a mess!

Doris said...

Love that "who, me?" look! Your card is beautiful-- can you spell "CASE?"

Jen Mitchell said...

Cassidy's look is priceless! And I love this card. French Foliage makes a terrific background to your wonderfully colored image. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!