Friday, January 6, 2012

Merry Monday #1

Happy Friday---and I am working on a Monday challenge!   My friend Lesley has a new challenge called Merry Monday—a Christmas card a week!  Ahh, a girl after my own heart!  So this week she has a nice sketch:
   
And of course, once again, I had the sketch in my head and didn’t remember that the sentiment was to be at the bottom!  Good thing she is my friend, huh?!  So here we go:
You are going to be sick of this Everyday Enchantment paper, but it is SO pretty---look at this lovely pattern, so different from the others.  I thought it made a wonderful background for a Christmas card.  It’s really quite simple…an oval stamped with a retired image from To You & Yours and the beautiful Christmas sentiment from Delightful Dozen.  It was inked first in Versamark, then Poppy Parade, stamped, then sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heated for a real punch! The little bird is from Fresh Vintage (again!). 
And I used a piece of the DP along with a new Adorning Accent edgelit die to make a little froufrou for the inside:
Awesome way to start the new year---making Christmas cards!!!  Hmmmm, I think maybe I should add some glitter to my house…that would make it even better!
I haven’t had time to take any pix of Cassidy, but Pumpkin visited my craft room the other day:

 

Thanks for popping in!  If you have any questions, just shoot me an email! 

16 comments:

Lesley said...

Good morning LeAnne! You know I LOVE Poppy Parade, what a fabulous Christmas card with the new paper! You are tempting me. The sentiment is perfect! LOL! You crack me up! Thanks for playing with me, it was so nice to see your pretty card! Love Pumpkin, cats are wonderful creatures aren't they!!
Have a happy Friday! YEAH!!
Lesley

Denise Willerton said...

This is stunning LeAnne ~ love this new DP and the edgelits, can't wait to have some play time! Enjoy your day and happy creating! :-)

barb mann said...

Beautiful LeAnne, I still love that sweet house image & yes add glitter! I'm going to be loving these new Merry Mondays! Right up my alley.

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty!

Elise said...

I would have guessed that you'd get a pass on your use of sentiment... {and I would have been RIGHT!} I love THIS card! What a great challenge and FANASTIC answer! {YOU guys have me thinking CHRISTMAS all over, again!!!!!} Wonderful!

{And I'll take PUMPKIN photos, anytime! I adore that CAT!} xo!

Jean McKenzie said...

LeAnne, your card is beautiful! I especially love the colours, paper and that gorgeous wording!

Linda Callahan said...

Love that new paper! This is a great Christmas card! LeAnne 1, Linda 0......you gals are way too efficient!

Linda said...

Oh another Christmas card challenge. I will have to check it out. Love seeing your crafting space. Pumpkin is soooo cute. I love the second picture. She has tiny ears. So cute. Can she make those pens spin? LOL

Dawn Tidd said...

Gorgeous card, Leanne. I think that particular paper has a toile look to it, perfect for Christmas!

Patrice said...

Love your bright colors and seeing your little helper!

dpkennedy said...

It's just lovely LeAnne!

None None said...

LeAnne - stunning, as always and I just love the new products you used. You're now making me take a second look at the edgelits! LOL I think Lesley will let you slide with the sentiment. ;)

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this card is just beautiful!! I love that pretty patterned paper. You're right--PERFECT for a Christmas card!

Shelia said...

beautiful dp. I really like the sentiment with the scene. gorgeous card.

Leigh said...

Such a pretty card and that dsp is just gorgeous.

Anne Marie Hile said...

I don't think I will ever tire of seeing this paper. It' s like Spice Cake for Spring! Lol! This is absolutely beautiful, LeAnne. The sentiment stamp fits beautifully with the image. Love it!! :)