Monday, January 30, 2012

Monkey Challenge 93

DSCF4041

Happy Monday!  Are there any Downton Abbey fans out there?  I am hooked on this series, and can barely stand the suspense until Sunday evenings to see the next installment.  I was so sad to see William pass away but glad he & Daisy got married!!!  Only three more episodes to go, to see if there is a “happily ever after” for any of the other characters!

Oh well, you didn’t come to hear about a PBS show, but to see my a la Card Monkey card, which, sadly, really lacks mojo.  Here’s the sketch:

This is one of those cards---you know, you have something in your mind and it doesn’t translate to the card.  The theme is “love” and I can only make so many cards for the man that I love, so I tend to think of the love between friends when stamping at this time of the year!!  This is a decidedly non-Valentine type love card:

DSCF4038

I am trying to use some stamps that haven’t been “loved” lately, and this Have a Seat set is one of them. I tried to give it a vintage feel with a First Edition background, which was also stamped with some images from Established Elegance, as well as sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I mounted the little banners and tags on some Victoria crochet trim with mini brads:

DSCF4040

Hope you have a wonderful day!  Be sure to stop back tomorrow for the ColourQ challenge, too!

Busted again---this time, the dresser:

DSCF4031

What an innocent face!!!

21 comments:

Sue said...

Love this card and what you did with the banners by adding tags. Great idea!

Sue said...

PS: Your little girl is just adorable!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Wow - love the blue on that newsprint! Great pennants too - awesome idea! Tee hee, Cassidy photo - love it!!!

Becky said...

Love the card but Cassidy has the look of pure innocence....so much fun to follow her antics, lol!!!

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! Love the DSP and the great color combo!!! Love the victoria crochet trim on the banner with the jewelry tags. Very nice!!! Thanks for playing along with A La Card Monkey, Guest Designer, Diane

barb mann said...

You've got your hands full LeAnne! Love this card. I especially like how you stamped on the background paper and adding the jewelry tag punched pieces to the pennant pieces. Super Idea!

Cheryl M. said...

I've been watching that series, too, and last night's episode was sad. The styles, the characters and the story are all interesting, and I'm not really a TV person. Your card is lovely and you make me want every set you used. I think I shall have a cup of tea!

Betty Benton said...

This is adorable, LeAnne! Your card is too! Come by and see me -- I've got two more oriole pics posted.

Queen Mary said...

She's just a fashion diva! :)

Linda said...

Ahhh can she put it back as fast as she can take it out?
Love, Love, Love the card. I may have to copy that one.

Tara Bilbao said...

LeAnne, Love the card - but wanted to say I LOVE Downton Abbey. Oh my goodness, I tape it every Sunday and can't wait to watch it each week. BUT the kids and husband have to be out of the house so I am not distracted:) Glad to see another fan.

Belinda Keller said...

Love your color choices. So glad you played this week!

Linda Fisher said...

Love the use of blue with this DSP - really pretty! Now you've got me rethinking about this stamp! Cassidy, I LOVE those pretty pink shoes!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your card! I never know what to do with those chairs but I love the images! And I love Downton Abbey. My mother is from England and I love hearing the different accents because I have relatives who speak like that. You can tell what part of England - and what level of society - they are from! And there was no crying in our house - stiff upper lip at all times!

Karen said...

I Love seeing Cassidy, she's a cutie.

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

I'm finally starting to like blue.

Can I apply for Cassidy's position with the household???

~Tammy~ said...

Oh, I love all the print! This doesn't look like it lacks mojo to me....I like your take!

And how cute is she??? A-Dorable!

Terry said...

I love the stamped tags on the pennants - so cute! The colors are nice and subtle, and I love First Edition dsp!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love the pennant/label details. And your color choice is very fun. I always love papers with text. - Shauna, GD

jo ann DeHeer said...

YES on downton abbey. have seen the older ones (netflix), waiting for the new ones to be released. loooooooove it. masterpiece is the best, have been fans of it for years!!!
jo ann

Heidi said...

LeAnne, Your vintage touches are simply beautiful! I love that you can take a card and add all of the little extra special touches and make it a work of art. Great take on the sketch!

~Heidi at stuckonstampin.blogspot.com